#duraspace IRC Log


IRC Log for 2014-01-29

Timestamps are in GMT/BST.

[6:52] -rajaniemi.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[6:52] -rajaniemi.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
[6:52] -rajaniemi.freenode.net- *** Found your hostname
[6:52] -rajaniemi.freenode.net- *** No Ident response
[6:52] * DuraLogBot (~PircBot@atlas.duraspace.org) has joined #duraspace
[6:52] * Topic is '[Welcome to DuraSpace - This channel is logged - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/]'
[6:52] * Set by cwilper!ad579d86@gateway/web/freenode/ip. on Fri Oct 22 01:19:41 UTC 2010
[13:14] * mhwood (mwood@ has joined #duraspace
[13:59] * tdonohue (~tdonohue@c-50-179-112-246.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #duraspace
[15:32] * fasseg (~ruckus@HSI-KBW-091-089-022-149.hsi2.kabelbw.de) has joined #duraspace
[16:03] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@ has joined #duraspace
[20:00] * kstamati (2ebe5f94@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #duraspace
[20:01] <tdonohue> Hi all, it's time for our DSpace Developers Meeting today: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2014-01-29
[20:01] <kompewter> [ DevMtg 2014-01-29 - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2014-01-29
[20:01] <tdonohue> Essentially, today's meeting is mostly about DSpace 4.1 status. Last week we had decided that there seems to be enough 4.0 bugs to warrant a 4.1 release.
[20:02] <tdonohue> Prior to this meeting, some of us had reviewed *some* of the JIRA tickets marked as "fix for 4.1". But, as there are a lot of them, we only got about 1/2 way through.
[20:03] <tdonohue> To me, that implies that we may need to continue that review next week (or in this meeting, if we have time at the end)
[20:04] <hpottinger> +1 continue review at end of this meeting
[20:05] <tdonohue> I'll also note that some Committers have some "fix for 4.1" tickets assigned to them already. So, it would also help if you all review any tickets that are currently assigned to you, and either reschedule them, update their status, or merge (if ready)
[20:06] <tdonohue> At this point, it might be best to "open the floor". Are there any tickets that anyone wants to update us on for possible 4.1 release?
[20:07] <tdonohue> kstamati: Do you have any updates on DS-1857 (which I recall being an important issue for this release)? Do you still need a reviewer of the code? Or has someone volunteered?
[20:07] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1857 ] - [DS-1857] Unhandled exception in BTE batch import when uploading CSV files with misconfiguration options - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:08] <kstamati> Well, we have made a pull request but we have also changed the pom dependency of BTE
[20:08] <kstamati> We have tested the code, any volunteer is of course welcome
[20:09] <kstamati> But regarding the BTE dependancy, there are some comments from Ivan in the github PR
[20:09] <helix84> I pointed out the dependency version change but I feel it's up to the release manager to decide whether that's fine or not in this particular case
[20:09] <tdonohue> well, in that dependency version change, are there any incompatibility issues? Is it just bug fixes or also feature additions?
[20:10] <kstamati> more or less are bug fixes
[20:10] <kstamati> we had an issue with TSV data loader as well, in BTE, that the newer version of BTE resolves
[20:11] <kstamati> Panagiotis who is working mainly on BTE has a change log for that https://github.com/EKT/Biblio-Transformation-Engine
[20:11] <kompewter> [ EKT/Biblio-Transformation-Engine · GitHub ] - https://github.com/EKT/Biblio-Transformation-Engine
[20:12] <tdonohue> looks like the full changelog is: https://github.com/EKT/Biblio-Transformation-Engine/commits/master (and we jumped from BTE v. to
[20:12] <kompewter> [ Commits · EKT/Biblio-Transformation-Engine · GitHub ] - https://github.com/EKT/Biblio-Transformation-Engine/commits/master
[20:12] <kstamati> Of course. we can release a new jar that only resolves the two bugs related to the DS-1857 issue, if RT requires so
[20:12] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1857 ] - [DS-1857] Unhandled exception in BTE batch import when uploading CSV files with misconfiguration options - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:13] <kstamati> I mean, we can release with the fixes for the specified issue and use that pom dependency, if you say so
[20:13] <helix84> mhwood: ping?
[20:13] <mhwood> Trying to make up my mind.
[20:14] <tdonohue> I'm trying to understand what all went in between and (which is why I'm silent)
[20:14] <mhwood> Looks like new features landed in 0.9.3.x
[20:15] <mhwood> Not surprising for version 0, but I'm reluctant to introduce them in a DSpace bugfix release.
[20:16] <tdonohue> As long as is fully "backwards compatible" with, then we might be OK. But, if this requires any documentation or config changes in DSpace, then I'm a bit hesitant.
[20:17] <kstamati> No need for documentation or config changes. But as I said, we may introduce a new release with number with the fixes for the specified jura issue
[20:17] <mhwood> I don't know what your release procedures are for BTE, but that might be clearer anyway.
[20:18] <tdonohue> Ok, I'm not feeling strongly one way or the other. We don't do a thorough review of other third-party dependencies like this normally.... for example, I know we had to update log4j version (in DSpace 4.1) to fix a bug, but it's possible there were more than bug fixes in that log4j version upgrade too.
[20:19] <mhwood> True. But then, we don't know anyone working on log4j -- at least, I don't.
[20:19] <tdonohue> mhwood: yea, neither do i. just pointing out that this is a "unique scenario" when it comes to 3rd party dependencies
[20:20] <kstamati> So, release a version with just the two fixes and a previous version number… it's clear
[20:21] <mhwood> I would feel better about that. Who else is here from the RT today?
[20:21] * hpottinger raises his hand
[20:21] <mhwood> Comments?
[20:21] <hpottinger> sorry, distracted, catching up
[20:23] <hpottinger> I'd prefer just bug fixes in our bug fix release
[20:23] <mhwood> We want the DSpace patch. If that requires a dependency bump, and that doesn't break anything, I guess we can live with it.
[20:24] <hpottinger> +1 mhwood, we can live with a dependency sneaking in a feature or two, I suppose
[20:25] <tdonohue> Yea, I admit, I have no strong opinion here. I'm fine with using as long as it maintains compatibility (which we are told it does)
[20:25] <kstamati> tdonohue: we have tested it… anyone is welcome to test it as well
[20:26] <mhwood> So I guess the sense of the RT is that, if needed, is okay, but if you did happen to backport just the bugfixes to an it might be good for both projects.
[20:27] <hpottinger> I'm looking at the commits on BTE and not seeing anything outlandish in the way of features coming in
[20:28] <mhwood> True.
[20:28] <tdonohue> So, do we have a final decision here? Do we need a new PR or is it "OK" as-is?
[20:29] * PeterDietz (~peterdiet@lib-css1pfw-krc.lib.ohio-state.edu) has joined #duraspace
[20:29] <tdonohue> I personally think it soundsOK as-is. kstamati says it maintains compatibility and it fixes the bug. Sounds good enough to me.
[20:29] <mhwood> Let's just go with the PR as-is.
[20:30] <hpottinger> +1, DSPR#446 should be fine
[20:30] <kompewter> [ https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/446 ] - DS-1857 Unhandled exception in BTE batch import when uploading CSV files with misconfiguration options by kutsurak
[20:30] * hpottinger observes, ooh a green merge button!
[20:31] <tdonohue> Ok, sounds like a final decision :)
[20:31] <mhwood> Unanimous assent of those present and voting. Yes.
[20:31] <mhwood> Button will merge to master. We still need to carry it back to 4_x.
[20:32] <helix84> I'll do it now
[20:32] <mhwood> Thank you.
[20:32] <tdonohue> So, are their other 4.1 related tickets or PRs we wish to discuss today (or even approve, etc)?
[20:32] <tdonohue> s/their/there/
[20:32] <kompewter> tdonohue meant to say: So, are there other 4.1 related tickets or PRs we wish to discuss today (or even approve, etc)?
[20:33] <hpottinger> I'm trying to figure out (hence my distraction) whether DS-1546 is actually already fixed in 4.0
[20:33] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1546 ] - [DS-1546] org.dspace.authenticate.ShibAuthentication.findMultipleHeaders doesn&#39;t work for multiple headers, and provides incorrect config advice - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:34] <mhwood> I was hoping for some feedback on DS-1835.
[20:34] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1835 ] - [DS-1835] Invalid bootstrap CSS - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:35] <mhwood> And DS-1746
[20:35] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1746 ] - [DS-1746] Remove strange, redundant pool validation from DBMS layer - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:35] <tdonohue> mhwood: The PR for 1835 "looks right" to me, and sounds like correct logic
[20:35] <tdonohue> so for 1835, if you've tested it, I trust it. It sounds like a minor but important fix
[20:35] <mhwood> I was a bit concerned that I had had to reconstruct (at a guess) how things got the way they are.
[20:37] <mhwood> If there are no objectors, I'll pull it into master and carry back to 4_x.
[20:37] <mhwood> 1835 that is.
[20:37] <tdonohue> mhwood: I have no objections to 1835. It seems like a good guess to me. That license checker should *not* be processing the Bootstrap files
[20:38] <mhwood> Merged to master. Will copy to 4_x
[20:39] <tdonohue> regarding 1746, it also sounds reasonable. Though if there are concerns or more testing is needed, this one sounds like it's not a problem to wait on.
[20:40] <mhwood> I agree.
[20:40] <tdonohue> (i.e. 1746 sounds like it's not really a "bug". It's a cleanup task, which is perfectly fine...but it need not be rushed in if there are concerns, or more analysis/testing needs to be done)
[20:40] <mhwood> I invite anyone with an opinion to comment the ticket so this can be resolved at some point.
[20:41] <tdonohue> So, I just posted this today, but I have an early fix for DS-1596 (DSPR#459). This is something worth considering for 4.1, if we want it there. Currently it's only fixed for Mirage Theme, but the other themes should not take long for me to fix as well.
[20:42] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1596 ] - [DS-1596] Page not found look and feel - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:42] <kompewter> [ https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/459 ] - DS-1596 fix : Display error messages in your XMLUI theme (currently Mirage only) by tdonohue
[20:42] <tdonohue> But, my fix for 1596 could use some other eyes / testing. I want to be sure it's working for others too, and that others approve of the fix so far
[20:43] <tdonohue> (I suspect this PR could be ready to merge though by the end of this week, unless anyone has major objections or finds it doesn't work well enough)
[20:44] <helix84> ok, the BTE fix is now on dspace-4_x
[20:45] <tdonohue> thanks helix84
[20:45] <hpottinger> DSPR459 Travis is griping
[20:46] <tdonohue> I'm betting this is that "random unit testing error" from Travis. How do we tell Travis to try again?
[20:47] <helix84> tdonohue: ehm, we just discussed that today with mhwood
[20:48] <mhwood> If you're logged on to Travis, there is a "repeat this job" button. But right now, to log on to Travis, you have to give it all the keys to your Github account!
[20:48] <helix84> tdonohue: you have to log in to travis to show the rebuild button; but there was a change in travis that it now requires you to grant it much more permissions than it previously did
[20:49] <helix84> tdonohue: previously, it were just read permissions, not they are write permissions both to your account (e.g. adding ssh keys!) and to your repos (!)
[20:49] <tdonohue> argh. silly Travis
[20:50] <tdonohue> Well, the build error from Travis regarding PR#459 *does* seem to be the random unit test error in dspace-api (especially since PR#459 doesn't even touch 'dspace-api')
[20:50] <helix84> https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/1390
[20:50] <kompewter> [ security: remove need for admin permissions over repos · Issue #1390 · travis-ci/travis-ci · GitHub ] - https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/1390
[20:50] <helix84> known issue, they're not eagerly fixing it
[20:51] <helix84> funny thing - on this computer Travis shows me as logged in and shows the rebuild button
[20:51] <tdonohue> care to click it ? :)
[20:51] <helix84> i'll just click it
[20:52] <tdonohue> In any case, I'd appreciate more eyes on PR#459 (especially if others would like to see this fixed in time for 4.1). Need not happen right now, but it'd be good to have others look at it and test it
[20:53] <tdonohue> Anything else to talk about for 4.1?
[20:55] <hpottinger> DS-1546, I'm thinking is already fixed in 4.0, has a PR (#214), I can confirm that commit is in the master branch by running git branch --contains b8fce4800e5a537
[20:55] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1546 ] - [DS-1546] org.dspace.authenticate.ShibAuthentication.findMultipleHeaders doesn&#39;t work for multiple headers, and provides incorrect config advice - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:56] <helix84> so, do we have a release date?
[20:56] <tdonohue> It seems like next steps are: (1) Finish reviewing anything marked "fix for 4.1" (Committers should review anything assigned to them as well, and update status). (2) Finish merging in all approved fixes, (3) Start to plan/work towards the 4.1 release and get a date scheduled (likely early-to-mid Feb)
[20:56] <tdonohue> hpottinger: in that case, close 1546! Yay!
[20:56] <tdonohue> hpottinger: and link it up to its PR please :)
[20:57] <hpottinger> shall I change it to "fixed in 4.0" ?
[20:57] <tdonohue> I'm "guessing" at a 4.1 Release Date of "early-to-mid Feb". It doesn't sound like we are quite ready..but should be sometime in the next week or two, I'd guess. Does that sound right, RT?
[20:58] <tdonohue> hpottinger: yes, of course. Fix 1546 so that it references its PR and is marked "fix for 4.0" as it was fixed in 4.0
[20:58] <mhwood> Yes, I think so.
[20:58] <hpottinger> 2/7 or 2/14?
[21:00] <tdonohue> hpottinger: yea, likely one of those. We could "aim" for 2/7, but I'm not sure if we have the "whole picture" until we finish the review of the "fix for 4.1" tickets.
[21:01] <tdonohue> So, that's the only reason why I wasn't pushing for a date yet...we haven't finished reviewing what is out there, so we don't know what all is "left to do".
[21:02] <hpottinger> sounds like 2/14 to me, then
[21:02] <tdonohue> If folks have time today , we could do some more "fix for 4.1" JIRA reviews after this meeting (i.e. right about now).
[21:02] <hpottinger> unless we have a "really good feeling about it" at the end of this meeting, when we wrap up the 4.1 JIRA review and do a victory dance
[21:03] <helix84> I'll have to go, but if there's anythiong left, I'll try to take a look tomorrow
[21:03] <tdonohue> Or we can set another date/time to finish up our "fix for 4.1" JIRA review
[21:04] <mhwood> I can do some review.
[21:05] <tdonohue> Any final topics here? Shall we close this meeting and move on to some JIRA reviews (for anyone who is able to stick around a little longer)?
[21:07] <tdonohue> Ok, in that case, the official meeting is closed.
[21:07] <tdonohue> We'll move on now to doing some more JIRA reviews of tickets marked "fix for 4.1"
[21:08] <tdonohue> Here's the unresolved "fix for 4.1" tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+DS+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%224.1%22+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+due+ASC%2C+priority+DESC%2C+created+ASC&mode=hide
[21:08] <kompewter> [ Issue Navigator - DuraSpace JIRA ] - https://jira.duraspace.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+DS+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%224.1%22+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+due+ASC%2C+priority+DESC%2C+created+ASC&mode=hide
[21:08] <tdonohue> Previously we left off at: DS-1420 (on that list)
[21:08] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1420 ] - [DS-1420] Exception handling for deleting a metadata field (XMLUI) - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:09] <tdonohue> Oh, that one is "needs volunteer". We should unschedule it until it has a volunteer
[21:10] <tdonohue> unscheduled.
[21:10] <tdonohue> next on list, DS-1531
[21:10] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1531 ] - [DS-1531] bug in current DSpace (3.1) with log importing - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:10] <mhwood> That's on my list. I will have a look soon.
[21:11] <tdonohue> sounds good, we'll leave as-is since you are looking at it
[21:11] <tdonohue> next, DS-1543
[21:11] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1543 ] - [DS-1543] field labels not displayed in RSS 2.0 feed - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:11] <tdonohue> needs volunteer. Should be unscheduled until it has one
[21:13] * PeterDie_ (~peterdiet@dietz72m1.lib.ohio-state.edu) has joined #duraspace
[21:13] <hpottinger> re: DS-598, I've corresponded with both Richards, RR says I can have 598 if I want it, and I really want to fix 598 (our dark archive can't do SWORD deposits due to this bug), so I've claimed it and will aspire to fixing it in time for 4.1
[21:13] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-598 ] - [DS-598] SWORD will only accept deposits on the URL configured in dspace.cfg - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:13] <tdonohue> sounds great, hpottinger!
[21:14] <tdonohue> next up, DS-1555
[21:14] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1555 ] - [DS-1555] Empty Listitem in pagination divs - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:14] <mhwood> Needs volunteer. Not likely for 4.1.
[21:15] <tdonohue> yep. agreed. I'm gonna unschedule it, as no fix yet
[21:15] <tdonohue> next, DS-1577
[21:15] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1577 ] - [DS-1577] &#39;commons-httpclient&#39; is End of Life - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:16] <tdonohue> assigned to mhwood. This sounds like a change for 5.0 though?
[21:16] <mhwood> Yeah, it is a bit extensive for 4.1, and I don't think it will be ready anyway. 5.0
[21:16] <tdonohue> updated to 5.0
[21:17] <tdonohue> next, DS-1628
[21:17] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1628 ] - [DS-1628] launching a command emits excessive log lines to stderr - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:17] * PeterDietz (~peterdiet@lib-css1pfw-krc.lib.ohio-state.edu) Quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
[21:17] <mhwood> Awaiting volunteer. Deschedule?
[21:17] <tdonohue> oh this one. it's tiny and annoying. If I get a chance, I'll look into it. Not sure if I'll make it though. unschedule for now
[21:18] <tdonohue> next, DS-1651
[21:18] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1651 ] - [DS-1651] Reinstate the ability to add a CC Licence post submission in the JSPUI - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:19] <mhwood> Stalled awaiting inspiration. Deschedule?
[21:19] <tdonohue> again, needs volunteer. deschedule
[21:20] <tdonohue> done. next, DS-1680
[21:20] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1680 ] - [DS-1680] using the back button to change collection during ingest - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:21] <tdonohue> has an untested PR.
[21:21] <mhwood> Deschedule?
[21:22] <tdonohue> I had concerns about the PR (as noted). Haven't looked at it since then
[21:22] <tdonohue> Since it has a PR, perhaps we reschedule for a possible 4.2?
[21:22] <tdonohue> (there is now a "4.2" tag in JIRA)
[21:23] <mhwood> That takes care of my only objection to rescheduling.
[21:23] <tdonohue> Ok. Scheduled for possible 4.2
[21:23] <tdonohue> next up, DS-1718
[21:23] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1718 ] - [DS-1718] Add config parameter webui.submit.upload.ajax to dspace.cfg? - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:24] <mhwood> Good question.
[21:24] <tdonohue> ugh. This sounds like something we should bubble up to Andrea Bollini or someone who is familiar with new JSPUI.
[21:24] <mhwood> Agreed.
[21:25] <tdonohue> I'll assign to Andrea, and ask him if he or someone can look at it. Ask him if it needs rescheduling.
[21:25] <hpottinger> I know we've moved on, but, um, DS-1628, is it still a problem? I can't reproduce it
[21:25] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1628 ] - [DS-1628] launching a command emits excessive log lines to stderr - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:28] <tdonohue> hpottinger: good question. If it's fixed, we should find the PR that fixed it and link them up, etc.
[21:28] <hpottinger> https://gist.github.com/hardyoyo/8697587
[21:28] <kompewter> [ testing-DS-1628-not-so-noisy-now-eh? ] - https://gist.github.com/hardyoyo/8697587
[21:29] <tdonohue> hpottinger: I see the same thing on 4.1-SNAPSHOT (which is on demo.dspace.org). It does look fixed. We need to find the PR that fixed it
[21:30] <hpottinger> hmm... who touched the launcher script last?
[21:31] <mhwood> Mark Diggory, in 2011.
[21:32] <mhwood> Wait, that log is from dspace-4_x.
[21:33] <tdonohue> weird. I don't know what fixed it.
[21:34] * aschweer (~schweer@schweer.its.waikato.ac.nz) has joined #duraspace
[21:34] <hpottinger> maybe aschweer knows?
[21:35] <aschweer> know what, sorry? I haven't got to the bottom of the irc log yet :)
[21:35] <hpottinger> DS-1628, looks to be fixed, we don't know why
[21:35] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1628 ] - [DS-1628] launching a command emits excessive log lines to stderr - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:35] <tdonohue> well, at the very least, we can close DS-1628. it'll just remain a mystery as to how it got fixed in 4.0
[21:35] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1628 ] - [DS-1628] launching a command emits excessive log lines to stderr - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:35] <aschweer> I have no idea :)
[21:36] <hpottinger> I'll close it, and laugh like Pinky (NARF!)
[21:36] <tdonohue> go ahead and close & mark fixed for 4.0
[21:36] <hpottinger> WORKING!
[21:37] <tdonohue> ok, we left off at 1718, which I assigned to abollini for feedback
[21:37] <tdonohue> next up, DS-1769
[21:37] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1769 ] - [DS-1769] Bootstrap JSPUI - when trying to upload a file, if there is a problem then the error message appears partially hidden beneath the footer. - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:37] <mhwood> Waiting on submitter for more information.
[21:38] <tdonohue> yea, needs reverification. Unschedule?
[21:38] <mhwood> Yes
[21:39] <tdonohue> done
[21:39] <tdonohue> next, DS-1781
[21:39] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1781 ] - [DS-1781] LDAP never uses the specified email_field - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:40] <tdonohue> we discussed and said it "needs more analysis"
[21:40] <tdonohue> needs a volunteer too..deschedule?
[21:40] <mhwood> Yes
[21:41] <tdonohue> done. next DS-1808
[21:41] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1808 ] - [DS-1808] Default metadata schema: differentiate between submission defaults and real system dependencies - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:42] <hpottinger> aschweer: sorry for the rude welcome, I'll try again, welcome to the post-meeting meeting, we are discussing JIRA issues marked for repair in 4.1
[21:42] <mhwood> Documentation.
[21:42] <tdonohue> This is a documentation issue. unscheduling for now
[21:42] <aschweer> hpottinger: thanks :) sorry I missed the main meeting, I have a meeting clash once a month during daylight saving time
[21:43] <tdonohue> next up, DS-1821
[21:43] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1821 ] - [DS-1821] Internationalize the bitstream access icon alt text - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:44] <tdonohue> has PR. needs code review
[21:44] <tdonohue> wait, do we want to change the "messages.xml" (I18N) in a minor version?
[21:45] <mhwood> Point. I think a lot of these just got bumped to 4.1 without thorough review. No problem, we are doing that now.
[21:46] <tdonohue> This seems like a good fix for 5.0. Not sure if we want to add new I18N keys to a 4.1 release (as it requires new translations)
[21:46] <mhwood> I agree.
[21:47] <mhwood> But then I'm in an "en" locale. Others?
[21:47] <tdonohue> I'll add our concerns in a comment on the ticket. If helix84 disagrees, I'm sure he'll let us know :)
[21:48] <mhwood> Sounds good.
[21:49] <tdonohue> comment added
[21:49] <tdonohue> next, DS-1823
[21:49] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1823 ] - [DS-1823] Move dspace.url to build.properties as an independent variable - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:50] <tdonohue> changes a config (build.properties). This should wait till 5.0
[21:50] <mhwood> Yes.
[21:50] <tdonohue> rescheduled
[21:50] <tdonohue> next, DS-1836
[21:50] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1836 ] - [DS-1836] doi_seq in update-sequences.sql missing - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:51] <mhwood> Still discussing proper solution. Defer?
[21:52] <tdonohue> yea, needs deferring. Not sure of the solution here myself
[21:52] <tdonohue> next, DS-1837
[21:52] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1837 ] - [DS-1837] Create a separate Maven artifact for the MultiRemoteDSpaceRepositoryHandlePlugin - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:53] <mhwood> Unlikely done by 4.1 and I wonder if it really belongs there. 5.0?
[21:53] <tdonohue> should this be 5.0?
[21:53] <mhwood> 5.0!
[21:53] <tdonohue> sounds like 5.0 then :)
[21:53] <tdonohue> done. next, DS-1844
[21:53] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1844 ] - [DS-1844] mobile theme doesn&#39;t render sort options - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:54] <tdonohue> "needs volunteer"...probably should be descheduled for now
[21:54] <mhwood> That's what I was about to say.
[21:54] <tdonohue> done
[21:54] <tdonohue> next, DS-1848
[21:54] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1848 ] - [DS-1848] OAI harvest issues when starting from control panel/command line - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:55] <mhwood> Awaiting review.
[21:55] <mhwood> PR shows warnings. Sounds like it's not finished.
[21:56] <tdonohue> yea, plus, Bram has a point here. Looks like two "restoreAuthSystemState()" calls in a row: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/433/files#diff-dedb403cc27090a3ad23c1722281737aR407
[21:56] <kompewter> [ [DS-1848] OAI harvest issues when starting from control panel/command line by KevinVdV · Pull Request #433 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/433/files#diff-dedb403cc27090a3ad23c1722281737aR407
[21:56] <hpottinger> we should ping them, I think Kevin could round this up, and I trust those two to just merge when it's ready
[21:57] <mhwood> Agreed.
[21:57] <tdonohue> Added a comment to the PR
[21:58] <tdonohue> So, lets leave this one as-is and wait to hear back
[21:58] <tdonohue> next up, DS-1849
[21:58] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1849 ] - [DS-1849] OAIClient Reset and Reimport breaks Discovery - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:59] <mhwood> No work done yet.
[21:59] <tdonohue> lots of analysis here, but looks like it needs a solution
[21:59] <tdonohue> probably should be descheduled
[21:59] <mhwood> Yes.
[22:00] <mhwood> (OK, work but no code yet.)
[22:00] <tdonohue> next up, DS-1873
[22:00] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1873 ] - [DS-1873] CheckSum Checker Emailer sends emails for 0 issues, doesn&#39;t specify any site info - DuraSpace JIRA
[22:00] <tdonohue> oh, shoot. this one is me :)
[22:00] <mhwood> Sounds like it's ready. Concerns were addressed?
[22:01] <tdonohue> Only concerns I had were from Stuart. I opened up a related issue which deals with Stuart's concerns
[22:01] <tdonohue> So, I think it's ready, assuming no last minute concerns
[22:02] <mhwood> Great! So we can have it for 4.1?
[22:02] <tdonohue> Sure. I'll merge it. I just wanted to double check :)
[22:02] <tdonohue> will merge today or tomorrow though
[22:03] <tdonohue> next up, DS-1502
[22:03] <mhwood> Excellent!
[22:03] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1502 ] - [DS-1502] Invalid XHTML in Javascript generated by Mirage theme - DuraSpace JIRA
[22:03] <mhwood> Deschedule this one. It was reverted, and needs more thought.
[22:03] <hpottinger> today is feeling very productive...
[22:03] <tdonohue> done. descheduled
[22:04] <tdonohue> next up, DS-1746
[22:04] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1746 ] - [DS-1746] Remove strange, redundant pool validation from DBMS layer - DuraSpace JIRA
[22:04] <mhwood> Discussed earlier today. Awaiting others' concerns.
[22:04] <tdonohue> 1746: My only (really tiny) concern is how well this one is tested. It seems "obvious" to remove. But, I wonder if it deserves a "testathon" just in case?
[22:05] <mhwood> Considering where it is, I understand your concern.
[22:05] <tdonohue> yea. That's the problem. This is very low level. It *shouldn't* affect anything, but I'd rather be sure
[22:06] <mhwood> It addresses wasted motion, so we're not seriously hurt by leaving the code as is for now.
[22:06] <tdonohue> should we just reschedule for 5.0? You could always still merge it into "master" soonish though. That seems totally reasonable to me
[22:06] <mhwood> OK, lets do that.
[22:07] <tdonohue> Ok, I'll add my +1 to it to merge to master for 5.0
[22:07] <hpottinger> If you need another, here's my +1
[22:08] <aschweer> yup I'd +1 that too
[22:08] <mhwood> Rescheduled. I'll pull it in soon.
[22:09] <tdonohue> added a comment which lists all these +1's and links to this discussion log
[22:09] <mhwood> Thanks.
[22:10] <tdonohue> just two left!
[22:10] <tdonohue> next, DS-1752
[22:10] <mhwood> Yay!
[22:10] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1752 ] - [DS-1752] On the submissions page, the titles of completed submissions look odd - DuraSpace JIRA
[22:10] <mhwood> Still under discussion.
[22:10] <tdonohue> sounds like this is still "in progress"
[22:11] <tdonohue> descheduled for now.
[22:11] <tdonohue> lastly: DS-1756
[22:11] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1756 ] - [DS-1756] Wrongly aligned text on item view in mobile theme - DuraSpace JIRA
[22:12] <mhwood> Already done?
[22:12] <tdonohue> PR was merged. needs closing
[22:12] <tdonohue> I'll close it
[22:12] <tdonohue> that's it!
[22:12] <hpottinger> {victory dance!}
[22:12] <mhwood> Down to 13. Good show!
[22:13] <hpottinger> I need a drink
[22:13] <tdonohue> So, we still have 13 tickets which we are "waiting on" (either a response or a fix). But, that was very productive!
[22:13] <tdonohue> Thanks all!
[22:13] * hpottinger wanders off in search of tea
[22:13] <mhwood> Yes, thanks.
[22:13] <tdonohue> yep, I'm going back into "lurking" mode myself at this point
[22:13] <mhwood> Must go now. 'bye, all.
[22:14] * mhwood (mwood@ has left #duraspace
[22:16] <hpottinger> back
[22:18] <tdonohue> BTW: Just a reminder, if anyone wants to help me by testing/reviewing my proposed fix to DS-1596, we *might* still have time to squeeze it into 4.1 as well.
[22:18] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1596 ] - [DS-1596] Page not found look and feel - DuraSpace JIRA
[22:20] <hpottinger> tdonohue: no promises, but I've jotted it down on my list
[22:21] <hpottinger> as well as DS-1892
[22:21] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1892 ] - [DS-1892] Controlled vocabulary lookup ignores configuration options - DuraSpace JIRA
[22:21] <tdonohue> thanks. 1596 has just been a huge thorn for a while now (since 1.8) and I've finally found what seems to be a workable fix ;)
[22:22] <aschweer> thanks hpottinger :)
[22:22] * fasseg (~ruckus@HSI-KBW-091-089-022-149.hsi2.kabelbw.de) Quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
[22:22] <aschweer> I should have time for a look at 1596
[22:23] <hpottinger> 1892 is a mystery, I wonder what "hierach.suggest" means?
[22:23] <aschweer> I think it's from one of the other authority control plugins which uses/used autocomplete
[22:24] <aschweer> so my guess is, in that case it controls whether the autocomplete puts in the whole hierarchy, but that's just a guess
[22:25] <hpottinger> I'm afraid I may be the wrong person to be reviewing this code, but I'll give it a go anyway
[22:25] <aschweer> I'm a bit confused between DSpaceControlledVocabulary and pulling in the vocabulary purely via input-forms.xml - that confusion doens't help either. Is this documented somewhere that I didn't spot?
[22:26] <aschweer> thanks hpottinger, very brave ;)
[22:27] <hpottinger> watch your inbox for dumb questions
[22:27] * kstamati (2ebe5f94@gateway/web/freenode/ip. Quit (Quit: Page closed)
[22:43] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@ has left #duraspace
[22:48] * PeterDie_ (~peterdiet@dietz72m1.lib.ohio-state.edu) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[22:49] * PeterDietz (~peterdiet@dietz72m1.lib.ohio-state.edu) has joined #duraspace
[22:56] * PeterDie_ (~peterdiet@lib-css1pfw-krc.lib.ohio-state.edu) has joined #duraspace
[22:56] * aschweer (~schweer@schweer.its.waikato.ac.nz) Quit (Quit: leaving)
[22:58] * PeterDietz (~peterdiet@dietz72m1.lib.ohio-state.edu) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[23:14] * tdonohue (~tdonohue@c-50-179-112-246.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has left #duraspace

These logs were automatically created by DuraLogBot on irc.freenode.net using the Java IRC LogBot.