#duraspace IRC Log

Index

IRC Log for 2009-09-01

Timestamps are in GMT/BST.

[0:36] * stuartlewis (n=stuartle@gendiglt02.lbr.auckland.ac.nz) Quit ()
[2:22] * ClaudiaJuergen (n=Miranda@pc5102.ub.Uni-Dortmund.DE) has joined #duraspace
[2:22] <ClaudiaJuergen> good morning all
[4:13] * vy_ (n=vy@mercury.magnetti.biz) has joined #duraspace
[5:25] * stuartlewis (n=stuartle@121.98.213.132) has joined #duraspace
[5:40] * stuartlewis (n=stuartle@121.98.213.132) Quit ()
[6:43] * grahamtriggs (n=trig01@195.128.10.96) has joined #duraspace
[8:07] * mhwood (i=mwood@mhw.ulib.iupui.edu) has joined #duraspace
[9:26] * ksclarke (n=kevin@ip-152010148147.library.appstate.edu) has joined #duraspace
[9:51] * bradmc (n=bradmc@207-172-69-79.c3-0.smr-ubr3.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com) Quit ()
[10:40] * bradmc (n=bradmc@207-172-69-79.c3-0.smr-ubr3.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com) has joined #duraspace
[11:00] * ClaudiaJuergen (n=Miranda@pc5102.ub.Uni-Dortmund.DE) Quit ("Miranda IM! Smaller, Faster, Easier. http://miranda-im.org")
[11:00] * Dan_Davis (i=805461ab@gateway/web/freenode/x-vfazzyblmowqlgdf) has joined #duraspace
[11:01] * awoods (n=awoods@pool-71-191-177-108.washdc.fios.verizon.net) has joined #duraspace
[11:02] * sbayliss (n=IceChat7@78-86-0-203.zone2.bethere.co.uk) has joined #duraspace
[11:05] * cwilper (i=80544481@gateway/web/freenode/x-ievkfvosfvbvuycv) has joined #duraspace
[11:05] <cwilper> http://fedora-commons.org/confluence/display/FCREPO/2009-09-01+-+Committer+Meeting
[11:06] <cwilper> Quick update on old admin client fixes (Dan)
[11:07] <cwilper> Root package name, a couple late submissions:
[11:16] * ksclarke (n=kevin@ip-152010148147.library.appstate.edu) Quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
[11:19] <cwilper> Decision: fedorarepo.org
[11:33] <cwilper> action: get .com and .net
[11:34] <cwilper> https://fedora-commons.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10051&status=10001
[11:36] * sbayliss (n=IceChat7@78-86-0-203.zone2.bethere.co.uk) Quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
[11:41] * ksclarke (n=kevin@ip-152010148147.library.appstate.edu) has joined #duraspace
[11:59] * scottatm (n=scottatm@peat.evans.tamu.edu) has joined #duraspace
[12:01] * grahamtriggs (n=trig01@195.128.10.96) has left #duraspace
[12:21] * mdiggory (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[12:40] * cwilper (i=80544481@gateway/web/freenode/x-ievkfvosfvbvuycv) Quit ("Page closed")
[12:49] * mdiggory (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) Quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[12:50] * mdiggory (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[13:07] * BDavisWFU (i=9811730c@gateway/web/freenode/x-dglcbrxdpowrsolf) has joined #Duraspace
[13:13] * BDavisWFU (i=9811730c@gateway/web/freenode/x-dglcbrxdpowrsolf) Quit ("Page closed")
[13:13] * BDavisWFU (i=9811730c@gateway/web/freenode/session) has joined #Duraspace
[13:21] * BDavisWFU (i=9811730c@gateway/web/freenode/x-wbpttnohjntdjxcw) Quit ("Page closed")
[13:23] * RichardJones1 (n=richard@94-194-200-240.zone8.bethere.co.uk) Quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
[13:33] * grahamtriggs (n=grahamtr@cpc3-stev1-0-0-cust857.lutn.cable.ntl.com) has joined #duraspace
[13:38] * sands (n=sands@SLOTH.MIT.EDU) has joined #duraspace
[13:49] * mdiggory_ (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[13:49] * mdiggory (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) Quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[13:50] * mdiggory_ (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) Quit (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
[13:50] * mdiggory (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[13:51] <bradmc> Hi Mark. Welcome back.
[13:55] * tdonohue (i=80ae241d@gateway/web/freenode/x-zmwhodwkxxqxfsvf) has joined #duraspace
[13:56] * stuartlewis (n=stuartle@121.98.213.132) has joined #duraspace
[13:57] <stuartlewis> Morning / afternoon / evening all :)
[13:57] <stuartlewis> Meeting due to start in 3 minutes.
[13:57] <bradmc> Hi Stuart.
[13:57] <tdonohue> Hi stuart, all
[13:59] <stuartlewis> For those of you not here last time, here is a list of issues, and the rules of engagement: http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/JIRA_Cleanup
[14:00] * lcs (n=chatzill@pool-72-93-172-50.bstnma.east.verizon.net) has joined #duraspace
[14:01] <stuartlewis> Could two people do me a favour? I've got two sets of responses from Christophe Dupriez and Claudia Jurgen. If ytwo people could each go through those, and vote a second time as that person, that would be great. Volunteers?
[14:02] <tdonohue> I can try and take one of them...if you want to email it to me
[14:03] <stuartlewis> tdonohue: One is on its way. Thanks.
[14:03] <stuartlewis> OK - I'll try and do the other.
[14:03] <stuartlewis> Everyone ok if we start now?
[14:03] <bradmc> Ready.
[14:03] * bollini (n=chatzill@host218-222-dynamic.16-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it) has joined #duraspace
[14:04] <stuartlewis> DS-165 - Major/New Feature - DSpace also does not help managers investigate deposit patterns and growth. A readily-accessible list of recent deposits as well as a list of deposits per time period (separable by community/collection, so that different communities can be usefully compar - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-165 - [unassigned / Charles Kiplagat]
[14:04] * Sam__ (i=4a42460e@gateway/web/freenode/x-hzrzspcpmrmxmpyl) has joined #duraspace
[14:04] <scottatm> didn't this one come up at the last meeting?
[14:04] <stuartlewis> Apologies - we did that one last time!
[14:04] * bradmc thinks stuart was seeing if we were awake
[14:04] <stuartlewis> DS-165 - Major/New Feature - DSpace also does not help managers investigate deposit patterns and growth. A readily-accessible list of recent deposits as well as a list of deposits per time period (separable by community/collection, so that different communities can be usefully compar - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-165 - [unassigned / Charles Kiplagat]
[14:04] <stuartlewis> Agh!
[14:05] <stuartlewis> Try this one!
[14:05] <stuartlewis> DS-173 - Major/Improvement - Lanugauge_multilingual issues - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-173 - [unassigned / Charles Kiplagat]
[14:05] * Sam__ is now known as Sam_O
[14:05] <bollini> -1 no patch, close and reopen when a patch will be available
[14:06] <vy_> utf8 ?
[14:06] <stuartlewis> Claudia votes + 1 +1, although i18n improvement might be considered a constant requirement
[14:06] <bradmc> 1 min: DS-173 -1,, extra minute:
[14:06] <tdonohue> CDupriez: +1
[14:06] * rrodgers (n=rrodgers@dhcp-18-111-15-222.dyn.mit.edu) has joined #duraspace
[14:06] <sands> +1
[14:06] <lcs> -1 until there is a patch
[14:06] <grahamtriggs> DS-165 - shame there is no patch, I have people asking for pretty much that right now
[14:06] <stuartlewis> -1 from me, as it s a bigger issue
[14:06] <tdonohue> +0 myself
[14:07] <bradmc> DS-173 still at -1, until there is a patch?
[14:07] <bradmc> So mark as won't fix, pending a patch?
[14:07] <stuartlewis> OK by me
[14:07] * awoods (n=awoods@pool-71-191-177-108.washdc.fios.verizon.net) Quit (Remote closed the connection)
[14:07] * grahamtriggs got home at just the right time, judging by the battering the windows are currently receiving
[14:07] <stuartlewis> DS-175 - Major/Improvement - List of bitstreams by MIME type would be a start. - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-175 - [unassigned / Charles Kiplagat]
[14:08] <stuartlewis> grahamtriggs: http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/JIRA_Cleanup
[14:08] <stuartlewis> WIll the new stats cover this sort of content reporting?
[14:08] <bollini> -1 stats
[14:08] <rrodgers> rrodgers: -1 stats
[14:08] <stuartlewis> Claudia votes -1 (unless we have JHove or similar and real metadata for bitstreams)
[14:08] <stuartlewis> 0
[14:08] <sands> -1 stats
[14:08] <mhwood> +1
[14:08] <tdonohue> CDupriez: +0, +0 myself
[14:08] <lcs> -1 need real bitstream format handling
[14:09] <vy_> +1
[14:09] <bradmc> DS-175: 1 min; -2 Mark won't fix, any comments?
[14:09] <tdonohue> I don't think this is stats....I think this is actually letting you see a *list* of items which have a type of bitstream
[14:09] <bradmc> extra minute:
[14:09] <tdonohue> (i.e. not just a statistic count of # of bitstreams under a mime type)
[14:09] <rrodgers> still, its reporting
[14:09] <mhwood> I think this is a collection maintenance issue. How to remain aware of old formats in time to convert.
[14:10] <lcs> jhove2 integration could help, and jhove2 is becoming real
[14:10] <tdonohue> i can see it as reporting...I just didn't want to assume that the stats engine will do this...but, if it will, great
[14:10] <vy_> is it about bitstreams, preservation, and checksums
[14:10] <bradmc> Sounds like we need a rewrite of this bug, lots of different interpretations.
[14:10] <tdonohue> bradmc +1
[14:10] <bradmc> Mark it won't fix, pending clarification?
[14:11] <lcs> also worth looking at whether checksum checker reports have this info
[14:11] <stuartlewis> DS-176 - Major/Improvement - multiple instances of DSpace run from a single codebase - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-176 - [unassigned / Charles Kiplagat]
[14:11] <bradmc> Note: Van was copying this record into the Jira bugs as a comment, which I think is helpful.
[14:12] <stuartlewis> Yes - thanks Van
[14:12] <tdonohue> CDupriez votes -1 (won't fix).... I vote -1, needs clarification
[14:12] <vy_> no worries
[14:12] <stuartlewis> Claudia: -1 can be achieved by using one's own svn/cvs in some way
[14:12] <sands> -1 no patch
[14:12] <stuartlewis> -1
[14:12] <rrodgers> 0 needs clarificaton
[14:12] <lcs> -1 out of scope, documenting methods would be nice
[14:12] <mhwood> 0 clarification
[14:12] <bradmc> DS-176 1 Min: -7, needs clarity, no patch, can be done, Mark Won't fix.
[14:13] <stuartlewis> DS-177 - Major/Improvement - Permissions - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-177 - [unassigned / Charles Kiplagat]
[14:13] <stuartlewis> -1 (but makes a good point)
[14:13] <tdonohue> CDupriez votes +1...I vote 0
[14:13] <stuartlewis> Claudia: 0
[14:13] <mhwood> -1 too big for 1.6
[14:14] <bradmc> DS-177 : -1 good, but too big for 1.6; Keep for a future version?
[14:14] <lcs> -1 scope, access control is a big can of worms
[14:14] <sands> 0
[14:14] <bradmc> extra 30 sec:
[14:14] <bollini> is this like community admin?
[14:15] <bradmc> Okay, Mark won't fix, needs design discussion.
[14:15] <stuartlewis> DS-178 - Major/Improvement - Statistics - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-178 - [unassigned / Charles Kiplagat]
[14:15] <stuartlewis> -1 being addresses in 1.6
[14:15] <stuartlewis> addressed*
[14:15] <stuartlewis> Claudia: -1
[14:16] <mhwood> 0 which of the many ideas of "statistics" is this?
[14:16] <bollini> -1 if we remove the old statistics when the new package for 1.6 go out
[14:16] <lcs> 0
[14:16] <bradmc> DS-178: 1 min, -3 Close, note as addressed in 1.6. Do we remove old stats?
[14:16] <stuartlewis> It has no real issue submitter, so close I think
[14:17] <bradmc> ok.
[14:17] <stuartlewis> DS-179 - Major/Improvement - Streaming Media - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-179 - [unassigned / Charles Kiplagat]
[14:17] <tdonohue> CDupriez: 0, myself: +1 (I think this is a good idea)
[14:18] <stuartlewis> -1 out of scope for core DSpace
[14:18] <bradmc> DS-179: 1 min, 0.
[14:18] <stuartlewis> Claudia: 0
[14:18] <bollini> -1 until there is a patch
[14:18] <sands> 0 (sounds like a good ongoing community documentation project)
[14:18] <lcs> -1 scope, would be great if someone were to add to doc
[14:18] <mhwood> 0 more discussion
[14:18] <bradmc> DS-179: -2 needs a patch, mark won't fix?
[14:19] <bollini> ok for me.. a patch for integration with a streaming service
[14:20] <bradmc> +1 bollini
[14:20] <grahamtriggs> -1
[14:21] <bollini> could we point to the @mire module?
[14:21] <bradmc> DS-179: -3 needs a patch or a proposal for integration with external service; note existence of @mire module. Mark Won't Fix.
[14:21] <stuartlewis> DS-180 - Major/Improvement - Versioning_file versioning - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-180 - [unassigned / Charles Kiplagat]
[14:21] <stuartlewis> Claudia: -1
[14:22] <tdonohue> Dupriez: 0
[14:22] <mhwood> -1 don't know what this is
[14:22] <rrodgers> -1 vague
[14:22] <stuartlewis> -1
[14:22] <lcs> -1 maybe merge with 181
[14:22] <vy_> -1 more detail
[14:22] <bollini> -1 move to dspace 2.0
[14:22] <bradmc> DS-180: -6 Not clear, needs detail / design; also see #181. Mark Won't fix
[14:23] <stuartlewis> DS-181 - Major/Improvement - Versioning_Google_Summer_of_Code_2007_Versioning - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-181 - [unassigned / Charles Kiplagat]
[14:23] <stuartlewis> Claudia: 0
[14:23] <rrodgers> -1 DSpace 2.0
[14:23] <bollini> -1 out of date
[14:23] <lcs> -1 no time for 1.6
[14:23] <tdonohue> Dupriez: +1, myself: -1 Dspace 2.0
[14:23] <sands> -1
[14:23] <stuartlewis> -1 unless someone has a few days to examine the patch (2 years old now)
[14:24] <mhwood> -1 not for 1.6
[14:24] <bradmc> DS-181: -6 Out of date / superceded by 2.0. Mark won't fix.
[14:24] <stuartlewis> DS-157 - Major/Improvement - Ukrainian for DSpace 1.5.2 - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-157 - [unassigned / Serhij Dubyk]
[14:24] <grahamtriggs> -1 (I have some strong views about the applicability of file versioning to repositories, but that's for another day...)
[14:24] <stuartlewis> Claudia: +1 we need a place for this i18n related stuff
[14:24] <tdonohue> Dupriez: 0, myself: 0
[14:25] <sands> 0
[14:25] <rrodgers> +1 if there is a sponsor
[14:25] <lcs> 0
[14:25] <mhwood> 0 will it be maintained?
[14:25] <grahamtriggs> +1, if it gets updated for the additional stuff in 1.6
[14:25] <bradmc> DS-157: +3, keep for 1.6, needs an owner
[14:25] <stuartlewis> DS-184 - Major/Bug - NPE from Edit Collection, Item Template, Edit Authorizations - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-184 - [unassigned / Samuel Ottenhoff]
[14:26] <mhwood> +1
[14:26] <stuartlewis> Claudia: +1
[14:26] <tdonohue> Dupriez: 0, myself: +1
[14:26] <grahamtriggs> +1
[14:26] <lcs> +1
[14:26] <rrodgers> +1
[14:26] <scottatm> +1
[14:26] <stuartlewis> Any volunteers to attack this one for 1.6?
[14:26] <sands> +1
[14:26] <bradmc> DS-184: +8, keep for 1.6, needs an owner.
[14:26] <stuartlewis> DS-187 - Major/Improvement - Allow anonymous user and scoped role header in Shibboleth auth method - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-187 - [unassigned / Andrea Bollini]
[14:27] <mhwood> 0
[14:27] <tdonohue> Dupriez: 0, myself: 0
[14:27] <rrodgers> 0
[14:27] <stuartlewis> 0
[14:27] <lcs> 0 maybe use special groups
[14:27] <stuartlewis> Claudia: 0
[14:27] <bradmc> DS-187, much ambivalence. 30 secs to propose what to do:
[14:28] <lcs> i'd want more than a minute to look at it, might be solvable with special groups
[14:28] <bollini> lcs: there is some subtile difference
[14:28] <stuartlewis> Leave open for now since now -1s?
[14:28] <bradmc> DS-187: Leave it alone, review again in future.
[14:28] <bollini> bradmc: ok
[14:28] <stuartlewis> DS-189 - Minor/New Feature - Parameter in dspace.cfg to set default selected search type option in advanced search - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-189 - [unassigned / Klause Nascimento]
[14:29] <rrodgers> 0
[14:29] <mhwood> 0
[14:29] <tdonohue> Dupriez: +1, myself: 0
[14:29] <lcs> 0 can do it by modifying UI
[14:29] <sands> 0
[14:29] <stuartlewis> Claudia: 0
[14:29] <stuartlewis> 0
[14:29] <bradmc> DS-189: +1, leave Open. needs owner?
[14:30] <stuartlewis> Sounds fair.
[14:30] <stuartlewis> Half time 2 minute break?
[14:30] <bradmc> Good by me, about to propose that myself!
[14:31] <bollini> as you want
[14:32] <stuartlewis> Next up will be: DS-191 - Major/Bug - metadataschemaregistry_seq is not initialized correctly under Oracle - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-191 - [unassigned / Larry Stone]
[14:32] <tdonohue> general question...are we planning to somehow continue to track all these issues without patches which we are marking "won't fix"? Some are great ideas, and features that institutions seem to want...but I worry when they see it marked as "won't fix" that it'd be perceived as "won't fix ever"...thoughts?
[14:32] <grahamtriggs> DS-187 - shouldn't we migrate the Shibboleth stuff to http://www.softwareborsen.dk/projekter/softwarecenter/brugerstyring/oio-saml-java ?
[14:32] * bradmc (n=bradmc@207-172-69-79.c3-0.smr-ubr3.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com) Quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[14:33] <mhwood> We do need to make it clear when we mean "won't fix now" vs. "won't fix ever".
[14:33] <stuartlewis> grahamtriggs: I'm looking at doing that - spent a few days on it already.
[14:33] <tdonohue> yes...my thoughts exactly, mhwood
[14:34] * bradmc (n=bradmc@207-172-69-79.c3-0.smr-ubr3.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com) has joined #duraspace
[14:34] <bradmc> Having this discussion with Valorie offline. "Won't fix" is an invitation to people to pick it up, vote on it, refine it, etc.
[14:34] <stuartlewis> grahamtriggs: Also this one to look at: http://www.kathrynhuxtable.org/projects/site/shibshimfilter/
[14:34] <bradmc> Val intends to work with outreach to make sure that starts to happen.
[14:35] <tdonohue> bradmc: that's what I thought it meant...just wasn't sure if those not directly involved will understand the same meaning of "won't fix"
[14:35] <stuartlewis> OK ready to start?
[14:35] <bradmc> Yep.
[14:35] <stuartlewis> Here we go...
[14:35] <stuartlewis> DS-191 - Major/Bug - metadataschemaregistry_seq is not initialized correctly under Oracle - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-191 - [unassigned / Larry Stone]
[14:35] <mhwood> And some issues need a champion -- not necessarily someone who can do the fix, but someone who can keep it alive and explain it as needed. (Like, if I want this, I must either do it or find someone to help.)
[14:35] <rrodgers> +1
[14:35] <lcs> +1 tehre's a patch now
[14:36] <mhwood> +1
[14:36] <stuartlewis> +1, +1 Claudia
[14:36] <sands> +1
[14:36] <stuartlewis> OK - someone to commit it?
[14:36] <stuartlewis> Volunteers?
[14:36] <mhwood> Who here has Oracle?
[14:36] <bradmc> DS-191: +6 patch exists, progress for 1.6 by ... needs owner.
[14:36] <stuartlewis> Add me as owner
[14:37] <stuartlewis> DS-202 - Major/New Feature - Metadata Generator Plugin - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-202 - [unassigned / Claudia J├╝rgen]
[14:38] <bradmc> Extra minute:
[14:38] * mdiggory (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) Quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[14:38] * mdiggory_ (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[14:38] <rrodgers> +0 keep but refine post 1.6
[14:38] <mhwood> 0 time seems short
[14:38] <tdonohue> Dupriez: +1, myself: 0 (not sure i fully understand)
[14:38] <lcs> +1
[14:38] <stuartlewis> 0, Claudia: 0
[14:38] <sands> 0
[14:38] <bradmc> DS-202: +2, Keep open, mark post-1.6?
[14:38] * mdiggory_ (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) Quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[14:38] <bollini> +1 post 1.6
[14:38] * mdiggory (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[14:39] <stuartlewis> bradmc: Sounds good
[14:39] <bradmc> DS-202: +3, Open, post-1.6
[14:39] <stuartlewis> DS-207 - Major/Bug - Installation creates folder called ''dspace-1.5.2-src-releasedspace ' which must have been 'dspace-1.5.2-src-release\dspace' - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-207 - [unassigned / Vidya]
[14:39] <stuartlewis> Any volunteers to test this?
[14:39] <stuartlewis> Claudia: -1
[14:40] <tdonohue> +1 if someone can duplicate...never seen this myself
[14:40] <stuartlewis> Me: I think we need to test it, and act accordingly, but not seen it myself
[14:40] <tdonohue> Dupriez: 0
[14:40] <lcs> 0
[14:40] <sands> 0 leave open and test
[14:40] <bradmc> DS-207: 0, Keep open, needs confirmation via testing, needs owner.
[14:40] <stuartlewis> ANy volunteers for us to assign this to for testing?
[14:40] <mhwood> 0
[14:41] <stuartlewis> Assign to me then.
[14:41] <stuartlewis> DS-210 - Minor/Improvement - emails translated to brazilian portuguese - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-210 - [unassigned / Milton Shintaku]
[14:42] <mhwood> 0 will be maintained?
[14:42] <tdonohue> Dupriez: 0, myself: 0
[14:42] <rrodgers> 0
[14:42] <sands> 0
[14:42] <stuartlewis> Same as DS-157? What did we say for that?
[14:42] <lcs> 0
[14:42] <stuartlewis> Claudia: See DS-157 + 1
[14:42] <bradmc> DS-210: 0; keep open, find owner.
[14:42] <stuartlewis> DS-211 - Major/Improvement - input-forms translated to Brazilian portuguese - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-211 - [unassigned / Milton Shintaku]
[14:42] <stuartlewis> Same as DS-210 I think?
[14:43] <bollini> yes... we need a better place then the main config directory
[14:43] <mhwood> 0 same as DS-210
[14:43] <tdonohue> combine DS-210 and DS-211? similar but slightly different (input-forms v. emails)
[14:43] <bradmc> Different issue email / forms, but same conclusion.
[14:43] * mdiggory (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) Quit (Read error: 131 (Connection reset by peer))
[14:43] <stuartlewis> (Yes - sorry meant same as in same outcome needed, not same issue)
[14:43] <bradmc> DS-211: Merge into DS-210, close, indicate need for owner to maintain.
[14:43] <stuartlewis> DS-215 - Minor/Bug - Single-argument Item.getMetadata does not work with mixed-case metadata - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-215 - [unassigned / Nicholas Riley]
[14:44] <tdonohue> myself: +1 (we ran into this locally...and this is actually one of our students reporting it)
[14:44] * mdiggory (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[14:44] <mhwood> +1
[14:45] <tdonohue> dupriez: +1
[14:45] <stuartlewis> Claudia: 0
[14:45] <lcs> +1 but need more info, would changing the behaviro break anyone's code?
[14:45] <mdiggory> Hello, it appears I have some catching up to do.
[14:45] <bradmc> DS-215: +4, for 1.6, needs owner
[14:45] <stuartlewis> DS-217 - Minor/Bug - Hardcoded String in the license bitstream - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-217 - [unassigned / Andrea Bollini]
[14:46] <bradmc> mdiggory: "stuartlewis For those of you not here last time, here is a list of issues, and the rules of engagement: http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/JIRA_Cleanup"
[14:46] <bradmc> mdiggory: Welcome back!
[14:46] <rrodgers> +1 with patch
[14:46] <tdonohue> Dupriez: +1, myself: +1
[14:46] <lcs> +1 (would be happy to just get rid of inserted string entirely)
[14:46] <bollini> +1 I can look to it before the end of the m
[14:46] <sands> +1
[14:46] <mhwood> 0
[14:46] <bradmc> DS-217: +5, progress for 1.6, assign to abollini.
[14:46] <bradmc> +6.
[14:46] <stuartlewis> DS-220 - Major/Bug - No unique identifier returned in the SWORD response for the deposit if a workflow is configured for the collection - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-220 - [unassigned / Andrew Bai]
[14:47] <stuartlewis> +1 Leave open, but not fixable in 1.6 I think
[14:47] <rrodgers> -1 in 1.6
[14:47] <tdonohue> Dupriez: 0, myself: +1
[14:47] <mhwood> +1
[14:47] <stuartlewis> Claudia: 0
[14:47] <lcs> +1 for later
[14:47] <stuartlewis> It is a bigger issue than just SWORD.
[14:47] <bollini> +1 post 1.6
[14:48] <bradmc> DS-220 +4 Keep open for post-1.6, unassigned.
[14:48] <stuartlewis> DS-158 - Major/New Feature - API to the repository layer - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-158 - [unassigned / Charles Kiplagat]
[14:48] <rrodgers> -1 confused
[14:48] <stuartlewis> -1 as it stands as it is just a placeholder
[14:48] <tdonohue> 0 completely confused
[14:49] <mhwood> 0 unclear
[14:49] <lcs> -1 confused
[14:49] <stuartlewis> Claudia: 0
[14:49] <sands> -1 needs more detail
[14:49] <tdonohue> Dupriez votes 0
[14:49] <bradmc> DS-158: -4 Mark won't fix; not clear or actionable. Needs detail
[14:49] <stuartlewis> DS-224 - Major/Bug - Scandinavian characters break in license, group names and collection/community metadata - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-224 - [unassigned / Timo Aalto]
[14:49] <mdiggory> mdiggory: -1 (Richard already wrote one)
[14:50] <mhwood> -1 configuration error
[14:50] <bradmc> DS-224: -1. Won't fix, suspected to be config error.
[14:50] <stuartlewis> Do we need to provide more config docs to stop this?
[14:50] <bradmc> 30 sec:
[14:50] <stuartlewis> Claudia: +1
[14:50] <bollini> "The problem with scandinavian characters in group names persists, but can be classified as an annoyance. "
[14:50] <mhwood> Charset problems are a frequent complaint.
[14:51] <sands> -1 (but more documentation needed)
[14:51] <stuartlewis> Maybe a new wiki page with suggestions on how to fix these problems?
[14:51] <tdonohue> dupriez: 0, myself: +1 (better docs could help)
[14:51] <bradmc> DS-224, Assign to documentation for 1.6.
[14:51] <bollini> +1 keep it open or open a new issue only for group name
[14:51] <stuartlewis> DS-80 - Major/New Feature - JHU Embargo - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-80 - [unassigned / Charles Kiplagat]
[14:51] <mdiggory> DS-224: 0 (documentation issue)
[14:52] <rrodgers> 0 leave open for 1.5 superceded for 1.6
[14:52] <mhwood> 0
[14:52] <stuartlewis> Close, as the patch is actually on the wiki?
[14:52] <lcs> -1 replaced by 1.6 embargo
[14:52] <tdonohue> dupriez: 0, myself: 0 (is this now obsolete with the new embargo work?)
[14:52] <stuartlewis> Claudia: -1
[14:53] <bradmc> DS-80: -2 Assign to 1.5, add note that it's superceded for 1.6, and close it?
[14:53] <rrodgers> if patch available, then can close I guess
[14:53] <mdiggory> DS-80: -1 (So mark as "won't fix" and close... reference 1.6 embargo as superceeding.)
[14:53] <stuartlewis> DS-232 - Major/Bug - DCPersonName parses name incorrectly (fix included) - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-232 - [unassigned / Larry Stone]
[14:53] <bradmc> DS-80: -1 (So mark as "won't fix" and close... reference 1.6 embargo as superceeding.)
[14:54] <mhwood> +1
[14:54] <rrodgers> +1 with patch
[14:54] <stuartlewis> +1
[14:54] <lcs> +1
[14:54] <mdiggory> DS-232: +1
[14:54] <tdonohue> +1
[14:54] <sands> +1
[14:54] <bollini> 0
[14:54] <stuartlewis> Claudia: +1
[14:54] <tdonohue> Dupriez: +1
[14:54] <stuartlewis> Any volunteers to commit?
[14:55] <rrodgers> Sure
[14:55] <bradmc> DS-232: +9 progress patch for 1.6; owner is rrodgers.
[14:55] <stuartlewis> rrodgers: Thanks
[14:55] <lcs> yeah, thanks!
[14:55] <stuartlewis> DS-241 - Minor/Improvement - DSpace Assembly Improvement with <scope>provided</scope> - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-241 - [unassigned / Mark Diggory]
[14:55] <bradmc> One more, then last minutes for wrapup?
[14:55] <stuartlewis> Claudia: 0
[14:55] <mhwood> +1
[14:56] <bollini> 0
[14:56] <tdonohue> wait...we skipped: DS-234 - Minor/Improvement - Configurable passing of Javamail parameter settings
[14:56] <bradmc> (come back to it after this)
[14:56] <lcs> +1 on 241
[14:56] <stuartlewis> tdonohue: That was committed to svn yesterday
[14:56] <tdonohue> ok, whoops...
[14:56] <stuartlewis> 0
[14:56] <rrodgers> 0
[14:56] <stuartlewis> Claudia: 0
[14:56] <bradmc> DS-241: +2, progress for 1.6 by?
[14:57] <mdiggory> DS-241: I need to review... assign to me
[14:57] <stuartlewis> mdiggory: Thanks
[14:57] <tdonohue> Dupriez: +1, myself: +1 (for DS-241)
[14:57] <bradmc> DS:234: +0; commit yesterday ;)
[14:57] <bradmc> DS:241: +4, mdiggory assigned for 1.6
[14:58] <bradmc> Feedback, discussion? Same time next week?
[14:58] <stuartlewis> DS-234 now allows you to use gmail's SMTP server, which is great for dev if your work's SMTP won't work from home (unless via vpn)
[14:58] <mdiggory> stuartlewis: good stuff
[14:58] <stuartlewis> If it is the same time next week I won't be able to attend. But could do the day after.
[14:59] <mdiggory> we still have commiter meeting tomorrow?
[14:59] <bradmc> Yes.
[14:59] <bradmc> Could skip next week, it's a tough week for many.
[14:59] <mhwood> Translations are a special issue, I think. You not only have to know the code but also the language. Maintenance issues.
[15:00] <stuartlewis> We're getting close to the 1.6 porposed dates, so getting JIRA cleaned up sooner rather than later would be good.
[15:00] <stuartlewis> proposed*
[15:00] <mdiggory> But also recommend we need committer/developer meeting to work on finalizing new 1.6 features
[15:01] <tdonohue> i'm still worried about "won't fix" items being misunderstood as "won't fix ever" (rather than the intended "won't fix at this time").... we may need to clarify this better so it doesn't have quite a negative connotation
[15:01] <stuartlewis> Is everyone going to be at the developer meeting tomorrow? Would be good to start getting embargo and stats work committed for testing and documentation.
[15:01] <rrodgers> I'll be there
[15:01] <bollini> can you remember the time?
[15:01] <bradmc> tdonohue: Yes, would you like to join with Val and Me on crafting messaging around this.
[15:01] <mdiggory> tdonohue: not so worried, having them pushed out of the Open queue is more important for Issue maintance
[15:02] <stuartlewis> 1 hours from now, tomorrow
[15:02] <mhwood> It's on my calendar at 1600 ET.
[15:02] <tdonohue> bradmc: i'd definitely be interested in helping communicate it out
[15:02] <bollini> I will be here ;-)
[15:02] <stuartlewis> 20:00 GMT
[15:03] <bradmc> Okay. For next week's jira review, how early will you be up, stuartlewis?
[15:03] <bradmc> On Wed.
[15:03] * ksclarke (n=kevin@ip-152010148147.library.appstate.edu) Quit (Remote closed the connection)
[15:03] <tdonohue> bradmc: www.dspace.org is down?
[15:03] <bradmc> Wondering if we can smush a 2 hour session together with the 16:00 GMT meeting by delaying a little.
[15:04] <bradmc> www.dspace.org is down. It's been hacked, repeatedly. It's the #1 issue with siteground, their team has been battling for 3 days now to find the vector.
[15:04] <tdonohue> eek...best of luck
[15:04] <bradmc> They think it's in the cpanel side, not the joomla side, so not much we can do.
[15:04] <stuartlewis> Can't do Wednesday - will be in Wellington and no wifi in the hotel :(
[15:05] <stuartlewis> Could do Thursday or Friday (your Wednesday / Thursday_
[15:05] * sands (n=sands@SLOTH.MIT.EDU) Quit ()
[15:05] <bradmc> So my wed = your thu, same proposal as above :)
[15:05] <stuartlewis> I see
[15:06] <stuartlewis> So - if you could 18:00GMT on Wednesday (my Thursday) we could do 1 hour dev meeting and 1 hour JIRA?
[15:06] <bradmc> That works for me.
[15:07] <rrodgers> this is the 9th?
[15:07] <bradmc> Yes.
[15:07] <bollini> ok for me
[15:07] <rrodgers> ok for me
[15:07] * lcs (n=chatzill@pool-72-93-172-50.bstnma.east.verizon.net) has left #duraspace
[15:07] <stuartlewis> JIRA first (18:00), then dev meeting (19:00)?
[15:08] <mhwood> OK
[15:08] <bradmc> Yes, that feels natural.
[15:08] <tdonohue> works for me as well
[15:09] <bradmc> I think that's it for today.
[15:09] <stuartlewis> OK - see you all tomorrow at 20:00GMT
[15:09] <rrodgers> bye all
[15:09] <bradmc> Thanks everybody!
[15:09] <bollini> bye all
[15:09] * rrodgers (n=rrodgers@dhcp-18-111-15-222.dyn.mit.edu) Quit ()
[15:09] <tdonohue> thanks, bye all
[15:09] <mhwood> 'bye
[15:09] * bollini (n=chatzill@host218-222-dynamic.16-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it) Quit ("ChatZilla 0.9.85 [Firefox 3.0.13/2009073022]")
[15:09] <vy_> bye
[15:10] * vy_ (n=vy@mercury.magnetti.biz) Quit ("Quit")
[15:13] * tdonohue (i=80ae241d@gateway/web/freenode/x-zmwhodwkxxqxfsvf) has left #duraspace
[15:24] * stuartlewis (n=stuartle@121.98.213.132) Quit ()
[15:40] * ksclarke (n=kevin@adsl-1-145-78.clt.bellsouth.net) has joined #duraspace
[15:41] * mdiggory_ (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[15:41] * mdiggory (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) Quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[16:00] * mdiggory_ (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) Quit ()
[16:42] * stuartlewis (n=stuartle@gendiglt02.lbr.auckland.ac.nz) has joined #duraspace
[17:04] * Dan_Davis (i=805461ab@gateway/web/freenode/x-vfazzyblmowqlgdf) Quit ("Page closed")
[17:05] * mhwood (i=mwood@mhw.ulib.iupui.edu) Quit (Remote closed the connection)
[18:11] * grahamtriggs (n=grahamtr@cpc3-stev1-0-0-cust857.lutn.cable.ntl.com) Quit ()
[18:41] * scottatm (n=scottatm@peat.evans.tamu.edu) Quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
[19:53] * mdiggory (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[20:33] * scottatm (n=scottatm@r74-192-18-124.bcstcmta01.clsttx.tl.dh.suddenlink.net) has joined #duraspace
[22:35] * ksclarke (n=kevin@adsl-1-145-78.clt.bellsouth.net) Quit ("Leaving.")
[23:24] * bradmc (n=bradmc@207-172-69-79.c3-0.smr-ubr3.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com) Quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[23:24] * bradmc_ (n=bradmc@207-172-69-79.c3-0.smr-ubr3.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com) has joined #duraspace
[23:24] * bradmc_ is now known as bradmc
[23:42] * mdiggory_ (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[23:42] * mdiggory (n=mdiggory@cpe-76-176-188-83.san.res.rr.com) Quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))

These logs were automatically created by DuraLogBot on irc.freenode.net using the Java IRC LogBot.