#duraspace IRC Log


IRC Log for 2010-06-03

Timestamps are in GMT/BST.

[3:46] * mdiggory_ (~mdiggory@cpe-66-74-212-9.san.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[3:50] * mdiggory (~mdiggory@cpe-66-74-212-9.san.res.rr.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[3:50] * mdiggory_ is now known as mdiggory
[4:06] -hubbard.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[4:06] -hubbard.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
[4:06] -hubbard.freenode.net- *** No Ident response
[4:06] -hubbard.freenode.net- *** Found your hostname
[4:06] [frigg VERSION]
[4:07] * DuraLogBot (~PircBot@fedcommsrv1.nsdlib.org) has joined #duraspace
[4:07] * Topic is 'Welcome to DuraSpace - This channel is logged - http://duraspace.org/irclogs/'
[4:07] * Set by cwilper on Tue Jun 30 16:32:05 EDT 2009
[4:11] * pvillega (~pvillega@ has joined #duraspace
[4:56] * mdiggory (~mdiggory@cpe-66-74-212-9.san.res.rr.com) Quit (Quit: mdiggory)
[6:29] * grahamtriggs (~trig01@ has joined #duraspace
[7:04] * bradmc (~bradmc@207-172-69-79.c3-0.smr-ubr3.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com) Quit (Quit: bradmc)
[7:39] * bradmc (~bradmc@c1fw234.constantcontact.com) has joined #duraspace
[8:01] * pvillega_ (~pvillega@ has joined #duraspace
[8:02] * pvillega (~pvillega@ Quit (Read error: Operation timed out)
[8:15] * mhwood (~mhwood@2001:18e8:3:171:218:8bff:fe2a:56a4) has joined #duraspace
[8:21] * bradmc_ (~bradmc@c1fw234.constantcontact.com) has joined #duraspace
[8:21] * bradmc (~bradmc@c1fw234.constantcontact.com) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[8:21] * bradmc_ is now known as bradmc
[8:26] * pvillega_ (~pvillega@ Quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[8:26] * pvillega__ (~pvillega@ has joined #duraspace
[9:36] * ksclarke (~kevin@adsl-162-19-234.clt.bellsouth.net) has joined #duraspace
[9:36] * tdonohue (~tdonohue@c-98-228-50-55.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #duraspace
[10:13] * ksclarke (~kevin@adsl-162-19-234.clt.bellsouth.net) Quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[10:14] * ksclarke (~kevin@adsl-162-19-234.clt.bellsouth.net) has joined #duraspace
[10:52] * mdiggory (~mdiggory@cpe-66-74-212-9.san.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[10:53] * mdiggory (~mdiggory@cpe-66-74-212-9.san.res.rr.com) Quit (Client Quit)
[11:40] * achelous (~tom@ has joined #duraspace
[11:46] * achelous (~tom@ Quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[12:11] * grahamtriggs (~trig01@ has left #duraspace
[12:38] * pvillega__ (~pvillega@ Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[14:17] * kshepherd (kim@ec2-174-129-179-33.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (*.net *.split)
[14:18] * kshepherd (kim@ec2-174-129-179-33.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[15:14] * pvillega (~pvillega@ has joined #duraspace
[16:26] * bradmc (~bradmc@c1fw234.constantcontact.com) Quit (Quit: bradmc)
[17:01] <stuartlewis> Hi Pere. Do you want to give us an overview of how things have been progressing this week since we had the project planning session last week?
[17:02] <pvillega> Hi Stuart!
[17:02] <pvillega> I've been integrating JUnit, JMockit and other tools into DSpace
[17:02] * mhwood (~mhwood@2001:18e8:3:171:218:8bff:fe2a:56a4) has left #duraspace
[17:03] <pvillega> I'm having slight problems with JMockit, as I was used to Mockito and is quite different, but I should go over them tonight
[17:03] <pvillega> and then is just a mater of creating the tests
[17:03] <stuartlewis> Excellent - sounds good.
[17:03] <stuartlewis> How is the maven side of things going?
[17:04] <pvillega> fine, I located an issue when running "mvn test", I sent an email about it, but is not a problem as I'm running the tests in the IDE or via mvn package
[17:04] <pvillega> as it was requested, I've added code so tests are disabled by default
[17:04] <stuartlewis> OK - that's good.
[17:04] <stuartlewis> Do you think you'll still be on target for next week (mid week) to have some example tests?
[17:05] <pvillega> some examples for sure. There are 26 classes in the package we selected, maybe I won't have tests for all of them, but I expect to have several tests done
[17:05] <stuartlewis> We thought that org.dspace.content.* would be a good place to start. There's a good test for DCDate that's been added recently in JIRA to test concurrency issues. That would be good to include in any testing you do for DCDate.
[17:06] <stuartlewis> Sure - no need to do them all, but good exemplar test classes will be good :)
[17:06] <pvillega> do you have the JIRA ticket?
[17:06] <stuartlewis> Do we need to decide of where to put tests in the source tree, or is there a convention you want to follow?
[17:06] <stuartlewis> http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-594
[17:07] <pvillega> As we are using Maven, I've been following the Maven convention (this reminds me I have to document this part in the wiki)
[17:07] <pvillega> which is to put them under src/test/java/<package>
[17:07] <stuartlewis> Sounds good.
[17:07] <stuartlewis> Is there any help you need from us right now?
[17:08] <pvillega> not for this. I think I might need help once we start with the functional tests, specially in the DSpace services area. But right now, I think I'm managing
[17:09] <stuartlewis> Briliant - do shout if we can ever help out :)
[17:09] <pvillega> I will ;)
[17:09] <stuartlewis> Once you've got a test or two in there, and maven runs the tests OK, can you send an email to dspace-devel and the gsoc list with brief instructions of which branch to check out, and how to run the tests?
[17:10] <pvillega> I will, no problem
[17:10] <stuartlewis> If that were 24 hours before our next planning meeting (6 days from now) that would be excellent as it will give us a good chance to review the code before the session, and to go through any questions / concenrs / suggestions about it in the meeting.
[17:11] <pvillega> what I will try is to send an email once I have a couple of tests, which should be way before, and then keep adding until the meeting. Is that ok?
[17:11] <stuartlewis> Sounds perfect.
[17:11] <pvillega> That way people can comment in the early stages
[17:11] <stuartlewis> If any of us find time, we could start contributing tests too.
[17:11] <pvillega> that would be good :)
[17:12] <stuartlewis> Any other issues, or are we done?
[17:12] <pvillega> right now, I can't think on any issues. Maybe by next WEdnesday we can review the wiki documentation I'm adding and the code, to ensure it's all fine, but that would be next week
[17:13] <stuartlewis> Sounds good.
[17:13] <stuartlewis> I'll not bothering sending any minutes today.
[17:14] <pvillega> yes, it's been a quick one :)
[17:14] <stuartlewis> Thanks for your time - looking forward to the next lot of code commits :)
[17:14] <pvillega> thanks to you :) I'll keep sending.
[17:15] <stuartlewis> No problem :)
[17:15] <pvillega> ok, so I'm going back to work! Talk soon!
[17:17] <stuartlewis> Excellent - thanks. Bye.
[17:19] * pvillega (~pvillega@ Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[17:34] * achelous (~tom@ has joined #duraspace
[17:44] * achelous (~tom@ Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[17:47] * achelous (~tom@ has joined #duraspace
[17:55] * stuartlewis (~stuartlew@gendiglt02.lbr.auckland.ac.nz) Quit (Quit: stuartlewis)
[18:07] * tdonohue (~tdonohue@c-98-228-50-55.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has left #duraspace
[20:30] * achelous (~tom@ Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[22:12] * bradmc (~bradmc@207-172-69-79.c3-0.smr-ubr3.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com) has joined #duraspace

These logs were automatically created by DuraLogBot on irc.freenode.net using the Java IRC LogBot.