#duraspace IRC Log


IRC Log for 2012-05-31

Timestamps are in GMT/BST.

[0:17] * helix84 (a@ Quit (Quit: helix84)
[0:48] * mdiggory (~mdiggory@rrcs-74-87-47-114.west.biz.rr.com) Quit (Quit: mdiggory)
[6:47] -card.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[6:47] -card.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
[6:47] -card.freenode.net- *** Found your hostname
[6:47] -card.freenode.net- *** No Ident response
[6:47] * DuraLogBot (~PircBot@atlas.duraspace.org) has joined #duraspace
[6:47] * Topic is '[Welcome to DuraSpace - This channel is logged - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/]'
[6:47] * Set by cwilper!ad579d86@gateway/web/freenode/ip. on Fri Oct 22 01:19:41 UTC 2010
[7:01] * mdiggory (~mdiggory@ip72-199-216-7.sd.sd.cox.net) has joined #duraspace
[8:30] * mdiggory (~mdiggory@ip72-199-216-7.sd.sd.cox.net) Quit (Quit: mdiggory)
[12:22] * mhwood (mwood@mhw.ulib.iupui.edu) has joined #duraspace
[12:53] * Ed__ (1809d1a2@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #duraspace
[12:53] * barmintor (~barmintor@cpe-72-229-190-215.nyc.res.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[12:59] * eddies (~eddies@cm18.epsilon183.maxonline.com.sg) has joined #duraspace
[12:59] * eddies (~eddies@cm18.epsilon183.maxonline.com.sg) Quit (Changing host)
[12:59] * eddies (~eddies@unaffiliated/eddies) has joined #duraspace
[13:01] * Dan_Davis (4a4f9413@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #duraspace
[13:01] <Dan_Davis> Ben, Eddie, Dan so far
[13:02] <Dan_Davis> FC-REPO 648 Inital move to DI framwork closed
[13:03] <Dan_Davis> FC-REPO 776 should be fixed and Ben believes there is a test.
[13:03] <Dan_Davis> FC-REPO 776 Closed
[13:05] <Dan_Davis> Eddie: Items for 3.6 that are open are likely to stay there. Eddie: Created a 3.6.1 release.
[13:05] <eddies> https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1038
[13:05] <kompewter> [ [#FCREPO-1038] Calling HEAD on getDatastreamDissemination in REST API calls GET on the underlying service for datastreams in control group E - DuraSpace JIRA ] - https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1038
[13:05] <Dan_Davis> Ben: FC-REPO 1038
[13:06] <eddies> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FCREPO/Fedora+3.6+-+Test+Plan
[13:06] <kompewter> [ Fedora 3.6 - Test Plan - Fedora Repository Development - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FCREPO/Fedora+3.6+-+Test+Plan
[13:06] <Dan_Davis> Ben: Notes Chris had a fallback behavior that was in Jersey and not in CXF and may be a blocker.
[13:06] * ajs6f (893615f3@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #duraspace
[13:07] <Dan_Davis> Eddie: Adding 1038 to test plan to validate.
[13:07] <Dan_Davis> Adam joins the meeting.
[13:08] <Dan_Davis> Ben: has extensive status on meeting page.
[13:08] <Dan_Davis> Ben: Document factories are created over and over. Locking one is likely faster that creating a new one.
[13:09] <Dan_Davis> Ben: XSLT transformers are not thread safe and made over and over too.
[13:09] <Dan_Davis> Adam: These resource should be pooled.
[13:09] * tdonohue (~tdonohue@c-67-177-108-221.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #duraspace
[13:10] <Dan_Davis> Ben: (Adams) topic, how to set up ITs dependent on configuration.
[13:12] <Dan_Davis> Ben: Client needs to know what to send for each test configuration (e.g. whether to send authn credentials). What release should they go into.
[13:13] <ajs6f> Eddie: Integration tests: baffling!
[13:13] <Dan_Davis> Eddie: The IT is convoluted and baffling as it exists now. Better with Aarons work but needs to be more maintainable.
[13:14] <ajs6f> Adam: That issue for XML resource management: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1055
[13:14] <kompewter> [ [#FCREPO-1055] Shared resource for XML operations - DuraSpace JIRA ] - https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1055
[13:14] <Dan_Davis> Eddie: Does not conform to usual Maven style, cargo.
[13:16] <Dan_Davis> Adam: Cargo is doing part ConfigA, ConfigB did not get ConfigQ. It may be Jetty tests from the beginning.
[13:16] <Dan_Davis> May be Jetty tests may not be running now.
[13:17] <Dan_Davis> Adam: Cannot rewrite the test framework in time for 3.6
[13:18] <Dan_Davis> Ben: Tests are compartmentalized now.
[13:19] <Dan_Davis> Adam: How clients are used must be revised. Tests are not rewritten for new client.
[13:19] <Dan_Davis> Adam: Focused on new authn filter.
[13:20] <Dan_Davis> Adam: Need something to merge 893.
[13:21] <Dan_Davis> Adam: May just put it out as Experimental to permit merge and ask for testing help.
[13:25] <Dan_Davis> Adam: Example PUB cookie there and likely is not used and does not work.
[13:25] <eddies> https://jira.duraspace.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+FCREPO+AND+issuetype+in+standardIssueTypes%28%29+AND+fixVersion+%3D+10453+AND+status+in+%28Open%2C+%22In+Progress%22%29+ORDER+BY+updated+DESC%2C+%22Global+Rank%22+ASC
[13:25] <kompewter> [ Issue Navigator - DuraSpace JIRA ] - https://jira.duraspace.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+FCREPO+AND+issuetype+in+standardIssueTypes%28%29+AND+fixVersion+%3D+10453+AND+status+in+%28Open%2C+%22In+Progress%22%29+ORDER+BY+updated+DESC%2C+%22Global+Rank%22+ASC
[13:25] <ajs6f> Adam: If anyone uses PubCookie filter, they should tell Bill Niebel (who wrote it), who will be astonished!
[13:25] <ajs6f> Ben: GOOD LUCK SUCKERS!
[13:26] <Dan_Davis> Eddie: What do we need to do for 3.6 release.
[13:27] * barmintor (~barmintor@cpe-72-229-190-215.nyc.res.rr.com) Quit (Quit: barmintor)
[13:27] <Dan_Davis> Dan: We need to send a thank you note particularly to Columbia for Ben's heavy lifting.
[13:27] <eddies> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FCREPO/Fedora+3.6+-+Test+Plan
[13:27] <kompewter> [ Fedora 3.6 - Test Plan - Fedora Repository Development - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FCREPO/Fedora+3.6+-+Test+Plan
[13:29] <ajs6f> Adam: And a gift certificate for Brooklyn Brewery to Ben.
[13:31] <Dan_Davis> Eddie: Walking the list of open items.
[13:32] <eddies> https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1047 need to check w/ Chris on status. And whether we want to delay code freeze for this issue
[13:32] <kompewter> [ [#FCREPO-1047] Auto checksums don't work on ingest - DuraSpace JIRA ] - https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1047
[13:36] <ajs6f> https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1059
[13:36] <kompewter> [ [#FCREPO-1059] Newline characters in FOXML result in triples that can't be deleted from the resource index when object is updated/purged - DuraSpace JIRA ] - https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1059
[13:37] <ajs6f> Adam, Eddie: This has probably been around for a long time, doesn't seem to be causing huge problem-- probably better to push it to 3.6.1.
[13:37] <Dan_Davis> Eddie: Likely no one to work on it.
[13:39] <ajs6f> https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-954
[13:39] <kompewter> [ [#FCREPO-954] Populate metadata to Akubra API - DuraSpace JIRA ] - https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-954
[13:40] <ajs6f> Eddie: Will examine the difficulty of merging into current master.
[13:40] <Dan_Davis> Adam: 954. Its done and aging.
[13:40] <ajs6f> https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1023
[13:40] <kompewter> [ [#FCREPO-1023] No Support for Latest W3C SPARQL Query Results XML Format - DuraSpace JIRA ] - https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1023
[13:44] <Dan_Davis> Adam: Will require a new release of Trippi too.
[13:45] <Dan_Davis> Eddie: As Frank to cut a new release of Trippi.
[13:46] <Dan_Davis> Eddie: Others are not likely to be blocker to get release before OR12.
[13:46] <Dan_Davis> Eddie: FC-REPO 1073 Use new Akubra (must be checked)
[13:46] <eddies> Eddie volunteers to verify status of https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1073
[13:46] <kompewter> [ [#FCREPO-1073] Use latest Akubra (akubra-fs bugfixes) - DuraSpace JIRA ] - https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1073
[13:47] <Dan_Davis> Note: Adam needs Franks email address.
[13:48] <eddies> current blockers to follow up on for 3.6 code freeze: FCREPO-1073, FCREPO-954, FCREPO-1047
[13:48] <Dan_Davis> Adam: Plus release notes. doc updates.
[13:49] <Dan_Davis> Eddie: Not relevant for code freeze.
[13:50] <Dan_Davis> Adam: Weird aspects of FeSL filter.
[13:50] <Dan_Davis> Adam: Document
[13:51] <Dan_Davis> Eddie: Need person for Windows testing.
[13:54] <ajs6f> Adam: I've got the Mac OS X test combos.
[14:01] <ajs6f> Eddie: 5th for code freeze, 19th for finished testing, release on the 26th.
[14:04] <ajs6f> <End of call>
[14:04] * ajs6f (893615f3@gateway/web/freenode/ip. Quit (Quit: Page closed)
[14:49] * Ed__ (1809d1a2@gateway/web/freenode/ip. Quit (Quit: Page closed)
[16:54] * mdiggory (~mdiggory@rrcs-74-87-47-114.west.biz.rr.com) has joined #duraspace
[18:58] * Dan_Davis (4a4f9413@gateway/web/freenode/ip. Quit (Quit: Page closed)
[21:04] * mhwood (mwood@mhw.ulib.iupui.edu) has left #duraspace
[21:51] * tdonohue (~tdonohue@c-67-177-108-221.hsd1.il.comcast.net) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[23:33] * mdiggory (~mdiggory@rrcs-74-87-47-114.west.biz.rr.com) has left #duraspace

These logs were automatically created by DuraLogBot on irc.freenode.net using the Java IRC LogBot.