#duraspace IRC Log


IRC Log for 2012-09-10

Timestamps are in GMT/BST.

[6:30] -calvino.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[6:30] -calvino.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
[6:30] -calvino.freenode.net- *** Found your hostname
[6:30] -calvino.freenode.net- *** No Ident response
[6:30] [frigg VERSION]
[6:30] * DuraLogBot (~PircBot@atlas.duraspace.org) has joined #duraspace
[6:30] * Topic is '[Welcome to DuraSpace - This channel is logged - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/]'
[6:30] * Set by cwilper!ad579d86@gateway/web/freenode/ip. on Fri Oct 22 01:19:41 UTC 2010
[10:11] * Asger (~abr@nat.statsbiblioteket.dk) has joined #duraspace
[12:08] * mhwood (mwood@mhw.ulib.iupui.edu) has joined #duraspace
[13:41] * tecoripa (~sprater@saez.doit.wisc.edu) has joined #duraspace
[13:41] <tecoripa> Scott here...
[13:42] <tecoripa> I have some questions about the document release process, and using Plone on fedora-commons, if anyone is around
[13:42] * eddies (~eddies@nd-66-205-168-188.nat.nd.edu) has joined #duraspace
[13:42] * eddies (~eddies@nd-66-205-168-188.nat.nd.edu) Quit (Changing host)
[13:42] * eddies (~eddies@unaffiliated/eddies) has joined #duraspace
[13:42] <tecoripa> hello, eddie?
[13:49] <eddies> hey scott
[13:49] <eddies> just saw your email
[13:50] <tecoripa> ah, okay
[13:50] <eddies> i'm at the hydra partners meeting in notre dame but i should be able to chat here & there
[13:50] <tecoripa> firok
[13:50] <tecoripa> now a good monment?
[13:50] <eddies> yeah
[13:50] <tecoripa> ()oops, lots o typos)
[13:50] <tecoripa> ok: first the sourceforge questions
[13:51] <tecoripa> looks like I'll need to be added as an admin to get permissions to upload the artifacts
[13:51] <tecoripa> I sent Chris an email about that
[13:51] <eddies> what's your username?
[13:51] <eddies> i'll just add you now
[13:51] <tecoripa> sgprater
[13:51] <tecoripa> I only need to update the files under Home/fedora, correct?
[13:52] <tecoripa> nothing needs to be done under services?
[13:52] * ruebot (~ruebot@LB-SC-S1B4DB.library.yorku.ca) Quit (Quit: Please, sir, I want some more.)
[13:53] <tecoripa> secondly: the jars come from the maven repo, correct?
[13:53] <tecoripa> Do Icreate the zip files and the gpg signatures myself, from the artifacts downloaded from the maven repo?
[13:53] <eddies> yeah, you want the checksums to match
[13:54] <tecoripa> ok, so I'll download the artifacts from the maven repo, create the zip files where needed, the create the gpg signatures on the two zips and the jar, then upload the whole shebang
[13:55] <eddies> what zips do you need to create?
[13:55] <tecoripa> fcrepo-server-3.6-rmi-journal-recv.zip
[13:55] <tecoripa> fcrepo-client-messaging-3.6-fedora-messaging.zip
[13:55] <tecoripa> oh, wait, I see them now
[13:56] <eddies> yeah, they are under different classifiers
[13:57] <eddies> can you check right now to see if you can create a 3.6.1 folder for files on sf?
[13:57] <eddies> i think you should now have permissions
[13:57] <tecoripa> yep, got it
[13:57] <tecoripa> thanks
[13:58] <tecoripa> ok, so I just need to create the gpg signatures for the three artifacts
[13:59] <eddies> the .asc files are already available
[13:59] <eddies> e.g.: http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.fcrepo|fcrepo-server|3.6.1|jar
[13:59] <kompewter> [ The Central Repository Search Engine ] - http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.fcrepo|fcrepo-server|3.6.1|jar
[14:00] <tecoripa> ah, ok
[14:00] <tecoripa> thanks. I'll upload that stuff and update the sourceforge links then
[14:01] <eddies> great. thanks =)
[14:01] <tecoripa> second question: Mysetries of Plone
[14:01] <tecoripa> after some flailing about, I got a Release 3.6 page into the Previous Releases folder...
[14:01] <tecoripa> but I can't seem to make it the default page for that folder now.
[14:01] <eddies> yeah, i don't know much about plone
[14:02] <tecoripa> Apparently I need "manager" role in the Plone instance?
[14:02] <tecoripa> I'll ask Chris
[14:02] <eddies> i just fumbled around in plone for the first time for the 3.6 release
[14:03] <tecoripa> ok, I'll see if I can figure out with Chris's help, or perhaps another Duraspace admin
[14:03] <tecoripa> thanks
[14:04] <eddies> fyi, for release notes
[14:05] <eddies> we want the 3.6 space (https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA36/Release+Notes) to follow the structure of the 3.4 space (https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA34/Release+Notes)
[14:05] <eddies> —right now, you see the 3.6(.0) notes first, even though now the 3.6.1 is the current release
[14:06] <tecoripa> ok, I'll follow that
[14:06] * scottatm (~scottatm@adhcp218.evans.tamu.edu) Quit (Quit: scottatm)
[14:06] <tecoripa> that's the Confluence wiki
[14:30] <tecoripa> OK, the 3.6.1 artifacts are uploaded to Sourceforge, and the sourceforge default download links are updated.
[14:30] <tecoripa> onto Plone.
[14:36] * scottatm (~scottatm@adhcp218.evans.tamu.edu) has joined #duraspace
[14:47] <eddies> tecoripa++
[14:49] <eddies> tecoripa: plone still looks same to me...
[14:50] <tecoripa> I'm still in the process of updating it...
[14:51] <tecoripa> the Current Release, Previous Releases should be updated now
[14:51] <tecoripa> I'm working on the links, Software page, etc.
[15:06] <eddies> oh i misunderstood, i thought you said stuff was onto plone, not you were moving onto plone ;-)
[15:08] <tecoripa> you have any text you'd like me to put into the 3.6.1 release announcement?
[15:21] <tecoripa> ok, fedora-commons (plone) instance is updated: just needed to change the state of the announcement to "published" once the release is released
[15:21] <tecoripa> onto Confluence
[15:30] <eddies> which announcement?
[15:31] <eddies> tecoripa: sorry, i mean, what needs to have its state changed to "published"?
[15:31] <tecoripa> http://www.fedora-commons.org/community/announce/fedora3.6.1release
[15:31] <kompewter> [ Fedora Repository ] - http://www.fedora-commons.org/community/announce/fedora3.6.1release
[15:31] <tecoripa> right now it's private
[15:31] <tecoripa> which means only logged in admins see it
[15:32] <tecoripa> eddies: I reorganized the Confluence wiki release notes, as you suggested
[15:32] <tecoripa> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA36/Release+Notes
[15:32] <kompewter> [ Release Notes - Fedora 3.6 Documentation - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA36/Release+Notes
[15:32] <eddies> i think you can go ahead and mark it published
[15:32] <tecoripa> ok, will do
[15:33] <tecoripa> done.
[15:33] <eddies> do you have carol (minton morris)'s email? just need to send her a note that everything's ready
[15:33] <eddies> then she'll send out the email to the lists
[15:33] <eddies> make a press release, etc.
[15:33] <tecoripa> I need to clean up a few more things on the Confluence website...
[15:33] <eddies> ah ok
[15:33] <eddies> i'll send her a heads-up so she can get started tho
[15:34] <tecoripa> update the downloads link, fix a release link
[15:34] <tecoripa> then I think we'll be ready
[15:34] <tecoripa> I'll ping you soon
[15:34] <tecoripa> want me to send you her address?
[15:35] <eddies> i just cc'ed you on an email to her
[15:35] <tecoripa> ah, ok
[15:35] <tecoripa> cmmorris@duraspace.org
[15:37] <tecoripa> is this the lastest release of the messaging client? https://github.com/downloads/mediashelf/fedora-client/fedora-client-messaging-0.5-with-dependencies.jar
[15:37] <tecoripa> I should probably link the sourceforge one
[15:39] <eddies> tecoripa: fedora-client-messaging-0.6-with-dependencies.jar is the latest
[15:39] <tecoripa> ah, ok
[15:41] <tecoripa> eddies: how is that different from fcrepo-client-messaging-3.6.1-fedora-messaging.jar?
[15:41] <eddies> fcrepo-client-messaging is deprecated
[15:41] <tecoripa> ah, ok
[15:42] <tecoripa> should I update the version number of "Fedora 3.6 Messaging Client" to "Fedora 0,6 Messaging Client" then on https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA36/Downloads ?
[15:42] <kompewter> [ Downloads - Fedora 3.6 Documentation - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA36/Downloads
[15:47] * ruebot (~ruebot@LB-SC-S1B4DB.library.yorku.ca) has joined #duraspace
[15:50] <eddies> ah yes please
[15:51] <tecoripa> ok
[15:59] <tecoripa> Ok, I think we're set
[16:00] <tecoripa> I wrote up some notes on what I did...
[16:01] * eddies (~eddies@unaffiliated/eddies) Quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[16:01] <tecoripa> shall I add them https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FCREPO/Fedora+Release+Process ?
[16:01] <kompewter> [ Fedora Release Process - Fedora Repository Development - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FCREPO/Fedora+Release+Process
[16:05] <tecoripa> I added my notes to Release Process page.
[16:05] * tecoripa (~sprater@saez.doit.wisc.edu) has left #duraspace
[17:20] * eddies (~eddies@nd-66-205-171-38.nat.nd.edu) has joined #duraspace
[17:20] * eddies (~eddies@nd-66-205-171-38.nat.nd.edu) Quit (Changing host)
[17:20] * eddies (~eddies@unaffiliated/eddies) has joined #duraspace
[18:11] * eddies (~eddies@unaffiliated/eddies) Quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[18:19] * eddies (~eddies@nd-66-205-171-38.nat.nd.edu) has joined #duraspace
[18:19] * eddies (~eddies@nd-66-205-171-38.nat.nd.edu) Quit (Changing host)
[18:19] * eddies (~eddies@unaffiliated/eddies) has joined #duraspace
[20:59] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@mu-162198.dhcp.missouri.edu) has joined #duraspace
[21:18] * mhwood (mwood@mhw.ulib.iupui.edu) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[21:24] * eddies (~eddies@unaffiliated/eddies) Quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[22:16] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@mu-162198.dhcp.missouri.edu) has left #duraspace
[22:45] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@ has joined #duraspace
[22:45] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@ has left #duraspace
[23:06] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@ has joined #duraspace
[23:26] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@ Quit (Quit: Later, taterz!)

These logs were automatically created by DuraLogBot on irc.freenode.net using the Java IRC LogBot.