Timestamps are in GMT/BST.
[0:25] * kdweeks (~Adium@2001:468:c80:a103:15d8:3cd:5c98:ac19) has joined #duraspace
[5:11] * prontotest (email@example.com) has joined #duraspace
[5:11] * prontotest (firstname.lastname@example.org) has left #duraspace
[6:43] -cameron.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[6:43] -cameron.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
[6:43] -cameron.freenode.net- *** Found your hostname
[6:44] -cameron.freenode.net- *** No Ident response
[6:44] * DuraLogBot (~PircBot@ec2-107-22-210-74.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[6:44] * Topic is '[Welcome to DuraSpace - This channel is logged - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/]'
[6:44] * Set by cwilper!ad579d86@gateway/web/freenode/ip.18.104.22.168 on Fri Oct 22 01:19:41 UTC 2010
[13:25] * mhwood (email@example.com) has joined #duraspace
[13:28] * pbecker (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #duraspace
[17:21] * tdonohue (~email@example.com) has joined #duraspace
[17:25] * tdonohue (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has left #duraspace
[18:33] * hpottinger (~email@example.com) has joined #duraspace
[19:08] * pbecker (~firstname.lastname@example.org) Quit (Quit: went home.)
[19:52] * kohts (~email@example.com) has joined #duraspace
[20:00] * kstamatis (25066a49@gateway/web/freenode/ip.22.214.171.124) has joined #duraspace
[20:02] <mhwood> I understand that tdonohue is out today.
[20:03] <hpottinger> that's correct, he can't make it
[20:05] * peterdietz (uid52203@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-fgyefvebedkezswm) has joined #duraspace
[20:05] <mhwood> The agenda for today looks strangely familiar. : -)
[20:05] <hpottinger> who wants the gavel?
[20:06] <mhwood> [Everybody looks at everybody else.]
[20:06] <hpottinger> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2014-12-10
[20:06] <kompewter> [ DevMtg 2014-12-10 - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2014-12-10
[20:07] <hpottinger> Two pieces of business: RC3 schedule, and what to do about our two blockers?
[20:07] <hpottinger> Oh, and Bamboo's retirement
[20:07] <mhwood> Three, including DS-2354
[20:07] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2354 ] - [DS-2354] Versioning in JSPUI fails caused by NPE in encodeBitstreamName method - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:08] <hpottinger> let's add 2354 to the agenda, then
[20:09] * terryb (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #duraspace
[20:10] <hpottinger> OK, added it
[20:11] <hpottinger> OK, we've got a very quiet group here today
[20:12] * aschweer (~email@example.com) has joined #duraspace
[20:12] <peterdietz> hey all
[20:12] <hpottinger> Don't worry if you've come in late, we're just getting started, agenda here: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2014-12-10
[20:13] <kompewter> [ DevMtg 2014-12-10 - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2014-12-10
[20:13] <kstamatis> Regarding DS-2294, as you can see from comments I had a chance to look at it some days ago...
[20:13] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2294 ] - [DS-2294] JSPUI: unable to edit item (with Java 8) - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:13] <aschweer> hi all. I only have half an eye for the dev meeting today and will need to leave early, sorry
[20:13] <kstamatis> I am not convinced that this is a java 8 related issue, as helix84 mentions
[20:15] <hpottinger> (I think this is a great way to spend this meeting time, btw, if we focus on our three blockers, and then set a schedule for RC3)
[20:17] <hpottinger> OK, DS-2294, how can we help?
[20:17] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2294 ] - [DS-2294] JSPUI: unable to edit item (with Java 8) - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:17] <hpottinger> kstamatis: can you claim that one?
[20:17] <aschweer> I have no idea about jsp stuff, but it wouldn't be something about the version of our servlet dependency?
[20:18] <kstamatis> hpottinger: I have promised helix84 to look at it again... hope to find some time to do so in the following days
[20:19] <mhwood> Maybe the version of Java that the JSP compiler is set for?
[20:19] <kstamatis> the problem is very strange, it seems that a line of code causes the problem, but the same line appears in other files as well and works fine
[20:19] <hpottinger> kstamatis: that sounds almost like, "yes, hpottinger, I will claim it on Jira"
[20:20] <peterdietz> I can take DS-2350, I created it
[20:20] <mhwood> No, I see the compiler is already set for 1.7.
[20:20] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2350 ] - [DS-2350] XMLUI Submissions link throws SQL error when using Oracle as a DB - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:20] <kstamatis> hpottinger: just assigned it to myself :)
[20:20] * hpottinger claps peterdietz and kstamatis on their backs, thanks!
[20:22] <kstamatis> mhwood: helix says that the demo site is compiled using java 8. Is that true?
[20:22] <mhwood> I don't know. Let me look.
[20:22] <peterdietz> demo is running java 8.. Don't know what was used to compile...
[20:23] <mhwood> 'java -version' currently shows 126.96.36.199
[20:23] <peterdietz> wild.. It must be changing each week
[20:24] <hpottinger> some nice person made our agenda much nicer: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2014-12-10 2350 and 2354 are both still unclaimed, though
[20:24] <kompewter> [ DevMtg 2014-12-10 - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2014-12-10
[20:24] <mhwood> I replaced the handmade list with an embedded Jira query.
[20:25] <hpottinger> thanks, mhwood, it's much better
[20:29] <mhwood> OK, 'catalina.sh help' on demo shows JRE_HOME is /home/dspace/jdk1.8.0_25, so somewhere it is being set to Java 1.8.
[20:30] <hpottinger> I think I've seen that before
[20:32] <hpottinger> are we setting JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME in the startup or setenv.sh scripts?
[20:32] <mhwood> There is no setenv.sh
[20:33] <mhwood> "1.8.0_25" only appears in log files and bin/jsvc. jsvc has been compiled with 1.8, it seems.
[20:35] <mhwood> compilerSourceVM and compilerTargetVM are set to "1.7".
[20:37] <hpottinger> four of us logged into demo
[20:38] <hpottinger> I'm getting out of the way :-)
[20:38] <aschweer> just fyi, I've just made a pull request for DS-2354 but I have no time to test it, it'd be great if someone else could
[20:38] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2354 ] - [DS-2354] Versioning in JSPUI fails caused by NPE in encodeBitstreamName method - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:39] <hpottinger> 2354: cool, aschweer, mind claiming that ticket to make it official?
[20:39] <aschweer> um shouldn't the person who does the testing claim it?
[20:40] <aschweer> ok. judging by the crickets, maybe I'll claim it and see whether there is any chance I can find some time later today to test it...
[20:41] <mhwood> 2294: maybe we have a too-old Spring version that doesn't know how to fix up the stackmap when it injects things?
[20:41] <mhwood> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12774672/java-7-inconsistent-stackmap-frames-need-help-understanding-why-solution-wor?lq=1
[20:41] <kompewter> [ dependency injection - Java 7 - Inconsistent stackmap frames - Need help understanding why solution works - Stack Overflow ] - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12774672/java-7-inconsistent-stackmap-frames-need-help-understanding-why-solution-wor?lq=1
[20:42] * kohts (~firstname.lastname@example.org) Quit ()
[20:42] <hpottinger> We don't use JSPUI here, however I can try to test 2354, I can spin up an instance quickly enough
[20:42] <mhwood> We are building with Spring 3.1.1
[20:42] <aschweer> hpottinger: 2354: awesome, thanks
[20:43] <aschweer> If I can't test it in the next few hours, I won't be able to until Monday my time at the earliest
[20:44] * terryb (~email@example.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
[20:45] <hpottinger> I'll also be helping with DS-2350, as it's a blocker for me right now
[20:45] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2350 ] - [DS-2350] XMLUI Submissions link throws SQL error when using Oracle as a DB - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:45] <aschweer> right, gotta go, I have another meeting coming up. bye all and good luck with the stackmap.
[20:45] * aschweer (~firstname.lastname@example.org) Quit (Quit: leaving)
[20:45] <mhwood> Thanks!
[20:48] <hpottinger> OK, so, I think we have all our blocker's sorted out, *I* will claim 2354, peterdietz will claim 2350, and kstamatis has claimed 2294
[20:48] <hpottinger> now, about this RC3...
[20:49] <hpottinger> I think someone other than me should turn the crank on RC3, any volunteers?
[20:53] <hpottinger> well... I don't suppose we *have* to even have an RC3, do we?
[20:57] <peterdietz> probably wise to cut an RC3, before final
[20:57] <hpottinger> that almost sounded like, "OK, Hardy, I'll cut RC3, don't worry"
[20:58] <peterdietz> but everybody knows, almost doesn't count ~ Brandy (song from 90's)
[20:58] <hpottinger> I agree, BTW, about the wisdom of an RC3, considering that RC2 really is an RC1
[21:00] <hpottinger> well, all kidding aside, we still need a volunteer to cut RC3
[21:01] <mhwood> My schedule is uncertain right now: I've got family in hospital (doing fine).
[21:01] <hpottinger> the more people we have with experience and capability to cut releases, the stronger we are
[21:02] <hpottinger> OK, setting aside *who* will do it, *when* do we want it done?
[21:03] <peterdietz> once the blockers have been dissolved
[21:03] <mhwood> What do we want in it?
[21:03] <hpottinger> OK, so we hold for the blockers?
[21:04] <hpottinger> I think 2350 is close to fixed, I don't know about 2294
[21:04] <hpottinger> 2354 may be fixed, I will test later today
[21:05] <hpottinger> How about this, the RT convenes some time later this week, and we hash out a schedule for RC3 and who will cut it, and we announce on the dspace-release mail list?
[21:06] <mhwood> OK, will try to be available.
[21:07] <hpottinger> RT to meet Thursday (tomorrow) mhwood want to pick a time?
[21:08] <mhwood> Thursday is open except for a brief daily meeting just before 10:00 ET. But I don't know when I may have to go out.
[21:09] <hpottinger> how about 20 UTC?
[21:09] <mhwood> I'm dragging a portable with me so may be able to participate anyway.
[21:09] <mhwood> That would be 15:00 EST, works for me.
[21:10] <hpottinger> peterdietz, helix84 work for you?
[21:13] <peterdietz> probably. I'm less busy the rest of this week.
[21:14] <mhwood> I've noted it on my calendar. Easy to change the time or day.
[21:15] <hpottinger> working on an e-mail now
[21:15] <hpottinger> we're 15 minutes overtime
[21:25] <hpottinger> announcement re RT meeting sent to -release mail list
[21:26] <hpottinger> and I've got lots to do, so I'm oughtahere, thanks for stopping by, hope to see you next week, if not sooner
[21:26] * hpottinger (~email@example.com) Quit (Quit: Leaving, later taterz!)
[21:50] * kstamatis (25066a49@gateway/web/freenode/ip.188.8.131.52) Quit (Quit: Page closed)
[22:03] * mhwood (firstname.lastname@example.org) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[22:22] * misilot (~email@example.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
[22:36] * misilot (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #duraspace
These logs were automatically created by DuraLogBot on irc.freenode.net using the Java IRC LogBot.