#duraspace IRC Log


IRC Log for 2015-01-07

Timestamps are in GMT/BST.

[6:47] -orwell.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[6:47] -orwell.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
[6:47] -orwell.freenode.net- *** Found your hostname
[6:47] -orwell.freenode.net- *** No Ident response
[6:47] * DuraLogBot (~PircBot@ec2-107-22-210-74.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[6:47] * Topic is '[Welcome to DuraSpace - This channel is logged - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/]'
[6:47] * Set by cwilper!ad579d86@gateway/web/freenode/ip. on Fri Oct 22 01:19:41 UTC 2010
[10:53] * ianthe is now known as ianthecowu
[13:13] * mhwood (mwood@mhw.ulib.iupui.edu) has joined #duraspace
[14:13] * tdonohue (~tdonohue@c-98-215-0-161.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #duraspace
[15:59] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@mu-162188.dhcp.missouri.edu) has joined #duraspace
[17:25] * awoods (~awoods@c-67-165-245-76.hsd1.co.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
[17:37] * hamslaai1 (~hilton@ has joined #duraspace
[17:37] * hamslaai1 (~hilton@ has left #duraspace
[17:43] * hamslaai1 (~hilton@ has joined #duraspace
[17:43] * hamslaai1 (~hilton@ has left #duraspace
[19:18] * cknowles (~cknowles@vpn2-086.vpn.net.ed.ac.uk) has joined #duraspace
[19:33] * cknowles (~cknowles@vpn2-086.vpn.net.ed.ac.uk) has left #duraspace
[20:01] * srobbins1 (~Adium@mobile-130-126-255-43.near.illinois.edu) has joined #duraspace
[20:01] <tdonohue> Hi all, it's 20UTC and time for our DSpace DevMtg. Agenda: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2015-01-07
[20:01] <kompewter> [ DevMtg 2015-01-07 - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2015-01-07
[20:02] <tdonohue> as a reminder of where we stand. We had DSpace 5.0RC3 released on Dec 19. The DSpace 5.0 release is currently scheduled for January 15 (next week), and we're narrowing in on fixing the final major bugs
[20:03] <tdonohue> In fact, we no longer have any "blockers" for DSpace 5.0, but we still do have unresolved tickets for 5.0 (which some of us were just reviewing in JIRA backlog in the last hour)
[20:03] <tdonohue> And, we have some missing DSpace 5.0 Documentation as well (pinging peterdietz), which is listed on our 5.0 TODO list: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Release+5.0+Status#DSpaceRelease5.0Status-ReleaseTODOlist
[20:04] <kompewter> [ DSpace Release 5.0 Status - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Release+5.0+Status#DSpaceRelease5.0Status-ReleaseTODOlist
[20:05] <tdonohue> So, how are we all feeling about the 5.0 release (especially the Release Team folks)? Any other concerns I've missed along the way?
[20:06] <helix84> apart from some doc work, I think we're good to go
[20:07] <tdonohue> Yea, I think Documentation is the biggest thing outstanding. peterdietz, are you around? Could you give us a status update on your Docs for Batch Upload via UI (DS-1641) and PDF Cover pages (DS-2175)?
[20:07] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1641 ] - [DS-1641] Perform Batch Imports from Administrative UI - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:07] * aschweer (~schweer@schweer.its.waikato.ac.nz) has joined #duraspace
[20:07] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2175 ] - [DS-2175] Generate citation PDF with cover page - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:08] <tdonohue> peterdietz: also, if you need help on documenting either 1641 or 2175, I'm sure we could find helpers
[20:08] <peterdietz> Sure, just got off some calls. I have some more work-work to do. But yeah, I can devote time to resolving these doc issues
[20:09] <peterdietz> Not to be making things up, but I will try to set aside time to knock those out today
[20:09] <tdonohue> peterdietz: any timeline on the docs? Will they be ready by end of week? Or early next week?
[20:09] <peterdietz> To be safe, lets say end of this week
[20:09] <tdonohue> ok, cool..thanks peterdietz! Even having them by end of week would be great
[20:09] <mhwood> Great, thanks!
[20:09] <helix84> peterdietz: I can do the UI import stuff, please try to do CRUD and cover pages
[20:09] <peterdietz> Sure, I'll do a CRUDy job on R/W REST and Coverpages
[20:10] <tdonohue> I also see that DS-2183 is still "open for documentation". Anyone in touch with EKT about doc updates there?
[20:10] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2183 ] - [DS-2183] Updated version of Biblio Transformation Engine - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:10] <helix84> tdonohue: I documented that
[20:11] <tdonohue> I *think* the 2183 documentation updates should be minor...but it seems like there are some new Data loader formats that have been added in the new version
[20:11] <tdonohue> helix84: Oh, I must have missed that
[20:11] <tdonohue> helix84: where are your docs? This BTE page looks unchanged since 2013: https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=45548176&src=search
[20:11] <kompewter> [ Importing Items via basic bibliographic formats (Endnote, BibTex, RIS, TSV, CSV) and online services (OAI, arXiv, PubMed, CrossRef, CiNii) - DSpace 5.x Documentation - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=45548176&src=search
[20:13] <helix84> tdonohue: can't remember where right now, but the changes were really minor. we can move on.
[20:13] <tdonohue> helix84: ok, just wanted to get the minor things documented...so we can close 2183
[20:14] <tdonohue> So, it sounds like we have things moving forward in terms of Documentation, which is great.
[20:14] <mhwood> DS-2279 awaits review. It's a translation. Should be easy if you know how?
[20:14] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2279 ] - [DS-2279] Update Japanese translation of Messages.properties for DSpace 5.0 - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:15] <hpottinger> (re docs, I'll be writing the docs for DS-2145, so I'll be working on upgrade docs)
[20:15] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2145 ] - [DS-2145] old browse index tables should be removed if you enable Discovery - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:15] <helix84> that one is merged, but has a couple of truncated strings
[20:17] <helix84> I just pinged Keiji about that
[20:17] <mhwood> Thanks.
[20:17] <tdonohue> So, in the rest of our time today, I wonder if we should continue reviewing tickets marked "fix for 5.0", and either reschedule them, or get immediate resolution?
[20:17] <tdonohue> That way we can start to "finalize" this release ASAP
[20:17] <mhwood> OK with me.
[20:18] <tdonohue> So, here's were we had left off on reviewing unresolved, "Fix for 5.0" tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2155?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20due%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20ASC
[20:18] <kompewter> [ Issue Navigator - DuraSpace JIRA ] - https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2155?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20due%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20ASC
[20:18] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2155 ] - [DS-2155] Problem with upload with embargo options. - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:18] <tdonohue> with DS-2155
[20:18] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2155 ] - [DS-2155] Problem with upload with embargo options. - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:19] <mhwood> Still needs a volunteer.
[20:20] <tdonohue> no volunteer...needs descheduling likely
[20:20] <mhwood> Yes.
[20:20] <tdonohue> done
[20:20] <tdonohue> next, DS-2158
[20:20] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2158 ] - [DS-2158] Sort options in single browse i.e. metadata browse with a value selected do not work - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:20] <tdonohue> again, no volunteer
[20:20] <tdonohue> descheduling for now, until a volunteer is found
[20:21] <hpottinger> didn't RobinT look at something like that?
[20:22] <tdonohue> it sounds familiar but couldn't say for sure
[20:22] <tdonohue> moving along though, since it has no volunteer. Next, DS-2159
[20:22] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2159 ] - [DS-2159] Deprecate XPDF in DSpace 5, remove in DSpace 6 - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:23] <tdonohue> this was never deprecated. rescheduling for 6.0
[20:23] <mhwood> How do we deprecate this one?
[20:23] <tdonohue> probably by deprecating the code & adding documentation around that deprecation
[20:24] <tdonohue> I've rescheduled for now
[20:24] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2170
[20:24] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2170 ] - [DS-2170] Bug Authority Control Mirage2 - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:25] <tdonohue> needs volunteer...also sounds like it needs re-verification on latest Mirage 2
[20:25] <mhwood> Yes.
[20:26] <tdonohue> descheduling...will mark also as "needs more info" and add a comment
[20:26] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2175
[20:26] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2175 ] - [DS-2175] Generate citation PDF with cover page - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:26] <tdonohue> just needs docs...which we know already
[20:26] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2183
[20:26] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2183 ] - [DS-2183] Updated version of Biblio Transformation Engine - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:27] <tdonohue> ditto there
[20:27] <tdonohue> DS-2186
[20:27] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2186 ] - [DS-2186] Request item copy doesn&#39;t always use RequestItemAuthorExtractor - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:28] <tdonohue> has PR, DSPR#692
[20:28] <kompewter> [ https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/692 ] - [DS-2186] Request item copy doesn&#39;t always use RequestItemAuthorExtractor by rivaldi8
[20:28] <tdonohue> PR looks reasonable...needs testing though
[20:30] <tdonohue> Anyone want to volunteer to test? Or do we leave this scheduled for 5.0 till the last minute?
[20:31] <tdonohue> ok, will leave this one as-is
[20:31] <tdonohue> next, DS-2191
[20:31] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2191 ] - [DS-2191] Toggle buttons in the community list don&#39;t work in Mirage 2 for Handles with prefix - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:32] <tdonohue> has PR: DSPR#655
[20:32] <kompewter> [ https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/655 ] - [DS-2191] Fixed bug where + wouldn&#39;t expand or collapse the hidden &lt;div&gt; for Mirage2 Community List by gadkrumholz
[20:32] <hpottinger> (sorry, distracted, boss and coworker are having a meeting in the next cube other, I keep getting pulled in to that)
[20:32] <tdonohue> PR has positive feedback from several (including @mire). Sounds like it should be merged?
[20:33] <mhwood> Yes?
[20:33] <tdonohue> seems OK to me. It was confirmed by one user, and @mire seemed to approve
[20:33] <helix84> yeas, atmire and Hilton
[20:34] <tdonohue> merging & closing
[20:34] <hpottinger> +1 merging
[20:34] <tdonohue> done
[20:35] <tdonohue> next, DS-2199
[20:35] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2199 ] - [DS-2199] DSpace stores DOIs in different metadata values depending on which DOI registration agency is used - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:35] <tdonohue> needs volunteer
[20:35] <hpottinger> deschedule?
[20:35] <helix84> sounds like doc fix for 5, fix for 6
[20:35] <tdonohue> yep
[20:35] <mhwood> Reschedule?
[20:35] <mhwood> helix84++
[20:36] <hpottinger> mhwood: didn't you volunteer for "documentation wrangler" duty?
[20:36] <mhwood> I will volunteer but likely won't have a fix for 5.0
[20:36] <tdonohue> ok, thanks mhwood
[20:36] <mhwood> I can do the documentation now though.
[20:37] <tdonohue> docs now, and reschedule for 6.0 seems fine
[20:38] <mhwood> Resched done.
[20:38] <tdonohue> next DS-2293
[20:38] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2293 ] - [DS-2293] NoSuchMethodError: AttributeImpl in Elasticsearch - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:39] <tdonohue> whhops wrong ticket
[20:39] <tdonohue> DS-2200
[20:39] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2200 ] - [DS-2200] Advanced search filters aren&#39;t shown in Mirage 2 if some UI string contains a single quote - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:40] <tdonohue> no volunteer, deschedule
[20:40] <mhwood> Yes.
[20:40] <tdonohue> done
[20:41] <tdonohue> DS-2202
[20:41] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2202 ] - [DS-2202] Discovery AccessRightsAwareness does not work with large amounts of groups - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:41] <mhwood> Deschedule? reschedule?
[20:41] <tdonohue> same, no volunteer or work done
[20:42] <hpottinger> agree, could fit into 5.1 if there's a 5.1
[20:43] <tdonohue> i'm slightly hesitant to reschedule inactive tickets...but we could hope for 5.1 i guess
[20:43] <hpottinger> oh, no, just throwing a bone to anyone who might actually want to work on 2202
[20:44] <helix84> I don't see what could be possibly done to fix this
[20:44] <helix84> it's a container configuration issue
[20:44] <hpottinger> 2202 is totally still fixable, we can *always* cut a new release, and 2202 looks like a bugfix for which I'd cut a release
[20:45] <tdonohue> descheduling for now
[20:46] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2236
[20:46] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2236 ] - [DS-2236] Bistream ordering arrows not enabled/disabled correctly - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:46] <tdonohue> robint looks to be analyzing this...but no movement forward yet
[20:46] <helix84> could this be related to the getPrimaryBitstream() problem I found today?
[20:47] <tdonohue> dunno (I've been in meetings all day, and haven't kept up with IRC logs, sorry)
[20:47] * hamslaai1 (~hilton@ has joined #duraspace
[20:47] <helix84> I'll just comment there
[20:48] <tdonohue> ok, sounds good...for now, I'll deschedule...but this seems like another that could be put into a 5.1
[20:49] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2238
[20:49] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2238 ] - [DS-2238] XMLUI Config Params documentation review - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:49] <hpottinger> helix84: if you feel like working on 2236, go right ahead
[20:50] <tdonohue> 2238 looks like a needs volunteer
[20:50] <hpottinger> 2238 is already assigned
[20:51] <tdonohue> oh, yea..true
[20:51] <tdonohue> well, we'll leave this one as-is for now
[20:51] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2278
[20:51] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2278 ] - [DS-2278] Error pages improperly formatted on certain url patterns - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:51] <hpottinger> Bram reads the IRC logs I bet, Bram, consider yourself pinged on 2238
[20:53] <tdonohue> hmmm...sure enough, 2278 is a bug. Missed this one
[20:53] <tdonohue> Needs volunteer. (I might be able to grab this, but likely not in time for 5.0)
[20:54] <tdonohue> next, DS-2279
[20:54] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2279 ] - [DS-2279] Update Japanese translation of Messages.properties for DSpace 5.0 - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:54] <mhwood> Pulled but needs small fixes.
[20:54] <tdonohue> this one's PR is merged?
[20:55] <tdonohue> ok..who is working on this?
[20:55] <mhwood> helix84 just pinged Zuki a few minutes ago.
[20:56] <tdonohue> I just noticed that...OK, will leave this one as-is then
[20:56] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2281
[20:56] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2281 ] - [DS-2281] handling duplicate configuration properties - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:56] * aschweer (~schweer@schweer.its.waikato.ac.nz) Quit (Quit: leaving)
[20:56] <tdonohue> descheduling 2281 from 5.0. Sounds like needs more discussion overall
[20:56] <mhwood> Yes.
[20:57] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2282
[20:57] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2282 ] - [DS-2282] JSPUI submission remove author fails when SolrAuthority is enabled - DuraSpace JIRA
[20:57] <tdonohue> yuck, this sounds a bit ugly. helix84, is this still happening?
[21:00] <tdonohue> Hmm...we're running out of time here...and we still have ~15 tickets to go, most of which look to have been submitted during Testathon
[21:00] <hpottinger> I vote keep going, 15 isn't a whole lot
[21:01] <mhwood> I can continue.
[21:01] <tdonohue> Ok, can do..we'll try to go quick
[21:01] <tdonohue> 2282 needs a volunteer. Sounds ugly though, so will leave marked as "5.0" for now
[21:01] <tdonohue> next, DS-2287
[21:01] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2287 ] - [DS-2287] Fix release process for optional modules (e.g. LNI and Mirage2) - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:02] <tdonohue> I vote we reschedule this for 6.0. Not high priority
[21:02] <hpottinger> Hmm.. 2282, atmire needs a ping
[21:02] <tdonohue> hpottinger: care to ping them on it?
[21:02] <hpottinger> 2287, needs volunteer, we can live without it
[21:03] <mhwood> 2287 needs volunteer.
[21:03] <hpottinger> ok to reschedule
[21:03] <tdonohue> who wrote SolrAuthority? Kevin?
[21:04] <tdonohue> I'm just going to assign 2282 to whomever wrote that code
[21:04] <hpottinger> blame would tell you
[21:05] <hpottinger> confirmed, it's KevinVdV
[21:05] <hpottinger> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blame/2ed29df3ba60918b687af5761d3925703dcf0be3/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/authority/AuthoritySolrServiceImpl.java
[21:05] <kompewter> [ DSpace/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/authority/AuthoritySolrServiceImpl.java at 2ed29df3ba60918b687af5761d3925703dcf0be3 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blame/2ed29df3ba60918b687af5761d3925703dcf0be3/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/authority/AuthoritySolrServiceImpl.java
[21:05] <tdonohue> assigned it to Kevin
[21:05] <tdonohue> 2282 that is
[21:05] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2293
[21:05] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2293 ] - [DS-2293] NoSuchMethodError: AttributeImpl in Elasticsearch - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:06] <tdonohue> assigned to peterdietz, but sounds fixed?
[21:06] <mhwood> peterdietz is working this one?
[21:07] <tdonohue> I added a comment to peterdietz
[21:07] <mhwood> helix84 still saw problems on 18-Nov.
[21:07] <peterdietz> I've only seen that issue on the demo. Not sure what is / was screwed up there
[21:07] <tdonohue> peterdietz: if that's the case, we'll close as a possible "demo only" issue (that server is a bit messed up right now)
[21:09] <tdonohue> closed it
[21:09] <tdonohue> DS-2321
[21:09] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2321 ] - [DS-2321] DSpace 5.0 DS-2180 does not appear fixed - My Archived Submissions in XMLUI not actually sorting by date - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:09] <peterdietz> yay, me again
[21:09] <tdonohue> oh this one.
[21:10] <tdonohue> It's a rare scenario, where there are two "dc.date.accessioned" values on one Item. So, it's kinda a "bad data" scenario
[21:10] <hpottinger> there can be only one! :-)
[21:10] <peterdietz> its a weird condition. Perhaps something should be done about it... a lot of the logic lives in sql, which, I'm not a coallescence expert to figure out how to make order to an unordered world
[21:11] <tdonohue> May want to minimally deschedule this one for more analysis.
[21:11] <hpottinger> agree, deschedule
[21:11] <hpottinger> workaround: don't do that
[21:11] <tdonohue> done
[21:11] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2322
[21:11] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2322 ] - [DS-2322] DSpace 5.0 DS-2175 Long collection names run off cover page - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:11] <tdonohue> another peterdietz one ;)
[21:12] <tdonohue> Oh, and this has a companion ticket, DS-2323...same thing, but for Long community names
[21:12] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2323 ] - [DS-2323] DSpace 5.0 DS-2175 Long community names overlap with collection name on cover page - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:13] * hamslaai1 (~hilton@ has left #duraspace
[21:13] <tdonohue> These sound like bugs...but do we just schedule for 5.1 (and assign peterdietz ;) ?
[21:13] <mhwood> Yes, to all 3. :-)
[21:13] <hpottinger> +1 reschedule
[21:14] * tdonohue notes...in the future, as testathon tickets come in related to new features, we probably should just assign them to the person who just built that feature.
[21:15] <hpottinger> I like that idea
[21:15] <mhwood> That sounds reasonable.
[21:16] <tdonohue> and we have another one related DS-2324
[21:16] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2324 ] - [DS-2324] DSpace 5.0 DS-2175 Items with more than one file - each file gets same cover page - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:18] <tdonohue> scheduled all of those for 5.1 for now.
[21:18] <tdonohue> next, DS-2329
[21:18] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2329 ] - [DS-2329] DSpace 5.0 Person lookup in submission - person lookup searching in wrong order - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:18] <hpottinger> not sure if any of those formatting issues for coverpages are resolvable given license limitations
[21:19] <tdonohue> 2329 : Kevin said he cannot reproduce
[21:19] <hpottinger> if we can't reproduce we close, right?
[21:19] <tdonohue> closing & marking as such
[21:19] <tdonohue> yep, done
[21:19] <tdonohue> next, DS-2366
[21:19] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2366 ] - [DS-2366] Allow dspace.dir to be filtered during maven build - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:20] <tdonohue> has a PR, but it's a late big change (created in mid-Dec)...too late for 5.0, I'd say
[21:21] * kshepherd appears
[21:21] <tdonohue> reschedule for 5.1, as this might be a "bug fix" (as it fixes IDE stuff), and it's just a Maven change.
[21:22] <hpottinger> seems reasonable enough, and I agree, we could spin 2366 as a bug fix
[21:22] <tdonohue> although, wait...it changes build.properties. Scratch that. Seems like it'd be 6.0
[21:22] * hpottinger waves to kshepherd.
[21:22] <tdonohue> I need to look before I speak :) The build.properties tweak is a commented out setting... Ok, I'll schedule for 5.1 for now
[21:23] <hpottinger> it's easy enough to tweak these build files on your own, if you need the tweaks to make your IDE happy
[21:23] <tdonohue> hi kshepherd as well :)
[21:23] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2367
[21:23] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2367 ] - [DS-2367] Improve BitstreamReader Performance and Caching behavior in XMLUI - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:24] <tdonohue> again, another last minute big change... Again, not sure we should put this in 5.0 unless it gets lots of testing ASAP
[21:25] <tdonohue> might be OK for 5.1 though...sounds like a bug fix
[21:25] <kshepherd> looks good in theory
[21:26] <mhwood> Yeah, we need a little more time. But I like the idea.
[21:26] <tdonohue> argh..of course it has more additions to dspace.cfg :( But, I'll schedule for 5.1 first...we may need to push to 6.0 though if we don't want to add new configs in 5.1
[21:28] <tdonohue> scheduled for 5.1 for now
[21:28] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2369
[21:28] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2369 ] - [DS-2369] Add Support for Created and Modified timestamps on Bitstreams. - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:28] <tdonohue> another late, big addition...hmmm
[21:28] <mhwood> Yes
[21:28] <tdonohue> this one has DB changes. Needs to be scheduled for 6.0
[21:29] <hpottinger> I agree
[21:30] <mhwood> Yes
[21:30] <hpottinger> some cool stuff, but DSpace 5 can't be *that* bleeding edge
[21:30] <tdonohue> yep, rescheduled for 6.0
[21:30] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2379
[21:30] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2379 ] - [DS-2379] command usage output for dspace (from launcher.xml) is unsorted - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:31] <tdonohue> this doesn't seem high priority for 5.0. deschedule for now?
[21:31] <mhwood> OK, but there's a quick fix: just sort the launcher config.
[21:32] <tdonohue> If someone wants to resort that launcher.xml file alphabetically, that'd be fine to still fit into 5.0
[21:32] <hpottinger> +1, theres some handy XSL right in the comments
[21:32] <hpottinger> it's like a kit
[21:33] <tdonohue> (but, I'm not going to have time to do that, and it's not a high priority to me)
[21:33] <tdonohue> 2379 can be left waiting for a volunteer. we can reschedule later as needed
[21:33] <tdonohue> next up, DS-2575
[21:34] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2575 ] - Issue Navigator - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:34] <tdonohue> typo..DS-1575
[21:34] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1575 ] - [DS-1575] alphabetic menu in &quot;Browse by&quot; navigation produces incomplete URLs - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:34] <tdonohue> still needs a volunteer...deschedule for now
[21:34] <mhwood> Yup
[21:34] <tdonohue> last one... DS-2316
[21:34] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2316 ] - [DS-2316] Wrong visualization of files in detail view of ORE items in Mirage 2 - DuraSpace JIRA
[21:36] <tdonohue> seems like a lot of changes in the PR. Might want to schedule for 5.1, as it may need more testing.
[21:36] <tdonohue> (and doesn't seem high priority overall)
[21:36] <hpottinger> it's a bug fix, reschedule to 5.1
[21:36] <mhwood> Yes, there's rather a lot of XSL.
[21:37] <kshepherd> looks like thre might be some extra fixes squeezed into that PR..
[21:37] <tdonohue> I've rescheduled for 5.1 and added a comment as such
[21:38] <tdonohue> Ok, that's it for reviewing our list of "fix for 5.0" tickets. There's still 19 tickets categorized there...but most have been assigned or are just awaiting docs
[21:39] <tdonohue> That being said, if anyone wants to claim or help with any of those remaining tickets, please feel free! Here's that full list: https://jira.duraspace.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+DS+AND+fixVersion+%3D+5.0+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+due+ASC%2C+priority+DESC%2C+created+ASC&mode=hide
[21:39] <kompewter> [ Issue Navigator - DuraSpace JIRA ] - https://jira.duraspace.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+DS+AND+fixVersion+%3D+5.0+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+due+ASC%2C+priority+DESC%2C+created+ASC&mode=hide
[21:39] <tdonohue> Even though that number is 19, I expect it to drop rapidly in the next few days. It seems like 5.0 is still on-schedule (at least to me) for Jan 15-ish
[21:40] <mhwood> I think so.
[21:40] <tdonohue> With that, I'm gonna have to head out here shortly. Any last comments/thoughts?
[21:41] <mhwood> Thank you for holding our feet to the fire. :-)
[21:41] <tdonohue> No problem at all...it's "fun" ;)
[21:41] <tdonohue> OK, with that we'll close out today's meeting (quite late...but thanks for sticking around). Have a good one
[21:41] <hpottinger> OK, I'm just going to take a moment to cheer for us all, this is going to be a great release
[21:42] <kshepherd> hi and bye all ;)
[21:42] <mhwood> Any sympathy for making another pass over the tickets shortly after 5.0 releases, to prioritize again?
[21:42] <hpottinger> +1, sort for 5.1
[21:43] <tdonohue> +1, yea...I agree, search out tickets for 5.1.. or also see which ones "bubble back up" on lists, which helps us know which are getting extra annoying
[21:44] * srobbins1 (~Adium@mobile-130-126-255-43.near.illinois.edu) Quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[21:45] * srobbins1 (~Adium@mobile-130-126-255-43.near.illinois.edu) has joined #duraspace
[21:46] <hpottinger> OK, I have to get ready to undelete some stuff tonight, later, folks!
[21:46] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@mu-162188.dhcp.missouri.edu) Quit (Quit: Leaving, later taterz!)
[21:46] * srobbins1 (~Adium@mobile-130-126-255-43.near.illinois.edu) Quit (Client Quit)
[21:47] * srobbins1 (~Adium@mobile-130-126-255-43.near.illinois.edu) has joined #duraspace
[21:55] * srobbins1 (~Adium@mobile-130-126-255-43.near.illinois.edu) has left #duraspace
[22:07] * mhwood (mwood@mhw.ulib.iupui.edu) has left #duraspace
[22:40] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@mu-162188.dhcp.missouri.edu) has joined #duraspace
[22:52] * tdonohue (~tdonohue@c-98-215-0-161.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has left #duraspace
[23:08] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@mu-162188.dhcp.missouri.edu) Quit (Quit: Leaving, later taterz!)

These logs were automatically created by DuraLogBot on irc.freenode.net using the Java IRC LogBot.