#duraspace IRC Log


IRC Log for 2016-01-13

Timestamps are in GMT/BST.

[6:45] -sendak.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[6:45] -sendak.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
[6:45] -sendak.freenode.net- *** Found your hostname
[6:45] -sendak.freenode.net- *** No Ident response
[6:45] * DuraLogBot (~PircBot@webster.duraspace.org) has joined #duraspace
[6:45] * Topic is '[Welcome to DuraSpace - This channel is logged - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/]'
[6:45] * Set by cwilper!ad579d86@gateway/web/freenode/ip. on Fri Oct 22 01:19:41 UTC 2010
[14:32] * mhwood (~mhwood@ has joined #duraspace
[14:53] * mikeAtUVa (~md5wz@d-137-155-169.bootp.Virginia.EDU) has joined #duraspace
[15:00] <mhwood> Is this thing on?
[15:03] * KevinVdV (~kevin@ has joined #duraspace
[15:03] <mhwood> Hello.
[15:03] <KevinVdV> Hello, hello
[15:05] <KevinVdV> I suggest we go over the open PR’s for DSpace 6 flagged as feature: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A6.0+label%3Afeature
[15:05] <kompewter> [ Pull Requests · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A6.0+label%3Afeature
[15:05] <KevinVdV> To see where we stand
[15:07] <mhwood> I agree. I just send a message to -devel to try to get a few more developers in here.
[15:07] <peterdietz> tap tap tap
[15:07] <mhwood> Wow, it worked!
[15:07] <KevinVdV> Can’t run the entire meeting (need to run in 40 minutes, but I’ll get things started)
[15:07] <KevinVdV> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1236
[15:07] <kompewter> [ Ds 2629 excel media filter by KevinVdV · Pull Request #1236 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1236
[15:08] <mhwood> We have folks assigned to most of these.
[15:08] <mhwood> This one is at +1 awaiting another test.
[15:08] <KevinVdV> Indeed, so even though I’m assigned it would be great if somebody could do a quick test
[15:10] <KevinVdV> Then we can merge this one
[15:11] <mhwood> Hm, we had another interested tester but he's not here just now.
[15:11] <peterdietz> I wish we had a single command-line script you could run that could pull down a PR, build it, spin up new instance, and let you see it in action. Otherwise, it takes me ~30m+ just to get started on a PR
[15:14] <mhwood> OK I will see if I can get it to do something.
[15:16] <KevinVdV> Just checkout branch, clean package & ant update. Next add an xsl & xslx file to an archived and filter media
[15:18] <KevinVdV> But does anybody think a second check is needed ? It is pretty straightforward & if nobody finds the time during the next week I could merge it before next weeks meeting
[15:18] <mhwood> I agree it is straightforward, and it doesn't affect anything else if not configured on.
[15:19] <peterdietz> I would say small things are safer to just get merged. We'll also get hands on experience, when they're in the code base
[15:19] <KevinVdV> No objections to me merging now & clearing our count by one ?
[15:20] <peterdietz> a quick read of the code diff looks clean. +1 by inspection. Sorry i didn't run it to verify
[15:22] <KevinVdV> Ok, I was able to run so merging & moving on.
[15:22] <KevinVdV> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1222
[15:22] <kompewter> [ DS-2583: Quality Control Reporting via REST API (v5) by terrywbrady · Pull Request #1222 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1222
[15:23] <mhwood> Assigned to tdonohue who is out today.
[15:23] <KevinVdV> Ok lets move past this one, hopefully he will have time to test for next week.
[15:23] <KevinVdV> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1173
[15:23] <kompewter> [ DS-2894:REST Call to return Optimized Hierarchy by terrywbrady · Pull Request #1173 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1173
[15:24] <mhwood> peterdietz, any comments?
[15:25] <peterdietz> optimized hierarchy. Currently testing that one. Can we circle back in 10 minutes?
[15:25] <mhwood> terry-b, have you heard from anyone else who is running it?
[15:25] <mhwood> OK with me, peterdietz.
[15:25] <KevinVdV> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1166
[15:25] <kompewter> [ DS-2888: JSPUI: Add language tags to submission edit metadata step by pnbecker · Pull Request #1166 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1166
[15:26] <KevinVdV> Helix84 is assigned, but he prob didn’t have the time. I will assign myself & take a look tomorrow & merge if it chekcs out.
[15:26] <mhwood> Already +2 but had some additional work after that.
[15:27] <mhwood> I would say one quick look, concentrating on the late change, is enough.
[15:27] <mhwood> Thanks for taking this one on.
[15:29] <KevinVdV> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1163
[15:29] <kompewter> [ DS-2880: Pubmed integration into XMLUI submission by rradillen · Pull Request #1163 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1163
[15:29] <mhwood> I've been looking at that one this morning, after Jonas updated it. I'm having trouble that seems beyond my current feeble Javascript skills.
[15:31] <mhwood> I'm hoping that he can try it out on Mirage 1 and work through the last rough spots.
[15:32] <KevinVdV> We are working on fixing this one up asap
[15:32] <mhwood> I will add a note with my current observations.
[15:33] <KevinVdV> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1162
[15:33] <kompewter> [ DS-2877 Import of ScienceDirect metadata including embargo and linking to or embedding of the final version by LetitiaMukherjee · Pull Request #1162 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1162
[15:33] <mhwood> 2877 assigned to Tim.
[15:33] <KevinVdV> Also working on it right, hope to have it ready asap. But people can test it already (with the merge conflict in place)
[15:34] <KevinVdV> The next one is a framework needed for pubmed & elsevier, so I suggest to skip that one (implicit merge is needed)
[15:34] <KevinVdV> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1104
[15:34] <kompewter> [ DS-2654: Enhanced Configurations via Apache Commons Configuration by tdonohue · Pull Request #1104 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1104
[15:34] <mhwood> Yes, it is implicitly tested by the two above it.
[15:35] <KevinVdV> The apache commons will be merged at the end I believe ?
[15:35] <mhwood> That is Tim's position as I understand it.
[15:35] <mhwood> He wants to avoid breaking many other PRs.
[15:36] <mhwood> We can help with the eventual merge of 1104 by marking issues with "changes-config" if they do so.
[15:36] <peterdietz> I kind of want config commons in before "the end"
[15:36] <peterdietz> Its big, changes things
[15:37] <mhwood> I agree.
[15:37] <peterdietz> but i guess if we can wrangle all the remaining big things in this week?
[15:37] <KevinVdV> “the end” => after we clear our feature list I assume ?
[15:37] <mhwood> We have a lot of Improvement and Bug PRs.
[15:39] <mhwood> I don't know exactly what Tim thought of as "the end".
[15:39] <KevinVdV> Best to discuss this with Tim in the room I think ?
[15:39] <mhwood> Yes. I think he will be back tomorrow.
[15:40] <KevinVdV> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/994
[15:40] <kompewter> [ DS-2659 new extensible platform health check reports with emailing by vidiecan · Pull Request #994 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/994
[15:41] <mhwood> Needs rebase, haven't heard back from contributor.
[15:41] <mhwood> Assigned to helix84.
[15:41] <KevinVdV> Appears to require some work still.
[15:42] <peterdietz> I need Tim today.. "ERROR: column "bitstream_order" contains null values"
[15:43] <KevinVdV> So what would be the best way forward with this PR. I think we have a couple of options
[15:43] <KevinVdV> 1) Postpone to DSpace 7
[15:43] <KevinVdV> 2) Give the contributor a deadline against when to fix or else go for option 1
[15:44] <mhwood> What deadline?
[15:45] <KevinVdV> Yeah so that would the issue… because I think our next 2 PR’s fall under same approach.
[15:46] <KevinVdV> Although https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/970 I might be able to fix it up myself
[15:46] <kompewter> [ DS-2625 Extendable control panel by kosarko · Pull Request #970 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/970
[15:47] <mhwood> A week from today?
[15:48] <KevinVdV> Sounds reasonable to me, what do other people think ?
[15:51] <mhwood> No objections? Let's give them a week then.
[15:52] <KevinVdV> Add the comment to the PR or to the JIRA ?
[15:52] <mhwood> I wonder if one is more visible to the contributor than the other. If not, then I would say the PR.
[15:55] <peterdietz> Probably to the PR. Just reading on this. SCHEMA.ELEMENT.QUALIFIER is breaking tests. for the health check. And needs a rebase. Rebase is probably not to difficult, if you know what your doing
[15:55] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@mu-162038.dhcp.missouri.edu) has joined #duraspace
[15:55] <mhwood> Didn't we have a bug fix or something which addresses SCHEMA.ELEMENT.QUALIFIER?
[15:57] <KevinVdV> Does anybody have time to comment in the PR’s, if not I will do it tomorrow. But I really need to go now.
[15:57] <mhwood> I will comment.
[15:58] <KevinVdV> Ok great thx mhwood
[15:58] <KevinVdV> Until next week everybody
[15:58] * KevinVdV (~kevin@ Quit (Quit: KevinVdV)
[15:58] <hpottinger> sorry I am late, early meetings are difficult to me to manage, but, I intend to continue testing PRs this week, and will comment on them
[15:59] <mhwood> Belated thanks to KevinVdV for running the meeting.
[15:59] <mhwood> hpottinger whatever you can do is appreciated.
[16:00] <mhwood> Should we close out this meeting and shift over to #dspace for backlog? We can just continue working through 6.0 stuff if we wish.
[16:00] <hpottinger> sounds good, see ya over there
[16:16] * dyelar (~dyelar@ has joined #duraspace
[17:17] * mikeAtUVa (~md5wz@d-137-155-169.bootp.Virginia.EDU) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
[17:27] * mhwood (~mhwood@ Quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[17:29] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@mu-162038.dhcp.missouri.edu) Quit (Quit: Leaving, later taterz!)
[18:08] * peterdietz (uid52203@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-myodxwxrgcnwbbjx) Quit (K-Lined)
[18:34] * peterdietz (uid52203@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-hzzdnmkikkubjzig) has joined #duraspace
[18:40] * mhwood (mwood@mhw.ulib.iupui.edu) has joined #duraspace
[19:56] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@mu-162038.dhcp.missouri.edu) has joined #duraspace
[22:00] * mhwood (mwood@mhw.ulib.iupui.edu) has left #duraspace
[23:27] * hpottinger (~hpottinge@mu-162038.dhcp.missouri.edu) Quit (Quit: Leaving, later taterz!)

These logs were automatically created by DuraLogBot on irc.freenode.net using the Java IRC LogBot.