#duraspace IRC Log


IRC Log for 2018-01-17

Timestamps are in GMT/BST.

[5:03] * jonathangee (~jonathang@li1037-16.members.linode.com) Quit (Quit: Later Gator!)
[5:26] * jonathangee (~jonathang@li1037-16.members.linode.com) has joined #duraspace
[6:52] -livingstone.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[6:52] -livingstone.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
[6:52] -livingstone.freenode.net- *** Found your hostname
[6:52] -livingstone.freenode.net- *** No Ident response
[6:52] * DuraLogBot (~PircBot@webster.duraspace.org) has joined #duraspace
[6:52] * Topic is 'Welcome to DuraSpace IRC. This channel is used for formal meetings and is logged - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/'
[6:52] * Set by tdonohue on Thu Sep 15 17:49:38 UTC 2016
[9:47] * mtj_ (~mtj@kohaaloha.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[12:31] * tdonohue (~tdonohue@dspace/tdonohue) has joined #duraspace
[14:55] * dyelar (~dyelar@dyelar.mrb.ku.edu) has joined #duraspace
[15:03] * dyelar (~dyelar@dyelar.mrb.ku.edu) Quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[15:04] * dyelar (~dyelar@dyelar.mrb.ku.edu) has joined #duraspace
[16:43] * dyelar (~dyelar@dyelar.mrb.ku.edu) Quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[17:58] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> A late agenda for our DSpace DevMtg in two hours (at 20UTC): https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2018-01-17 Feel free to add to it if you have additional topics to discuss.
[17:58] <kompewter> [ DevMtg 2018-01-17 - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2018-01-17
[18:09] * dyelar (~dyelar@dyelar.mrb.ku.edu) has joined #duraspace
[19:52] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Reminder that our weekly DSpace DevMtg starts at the top of the hour (20UTC). https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2018-01-17
[19:52] <kompewter> [ DevMtg 2018-01-17 - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2018-01-17
[20:00] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> <here>: It's DSpace DevMtg time. The agenda is linked above
[20:01] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Let's do a quick roll call, to see who we have here today
[20:01] <DSpaceSlackBot> <jcreel256> I'll be watching
[20:02] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> welcome @jcreel256
[20:02] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I'm here for the first half of the meeting
[20:03] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Hi as well, @terrywbrady
[20:03] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Well, we sure seem to be a (very) small, quiet group today. But, maybe part of that is the time of year and folks are still swamped getting back to work
[20:05] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> So, even though we don't have much of a quorum, I'm gonna just run through the main topics here briefly. If others join, great. If not, we can always close up early as necessary
[20:06] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> First topic is DSpace 7. I've not a lot to report that's new. The Dev Team just had our first meeting back last Thurs. But I am starting a more formal "development planning" spreadsheet, with a goal of trying to better communicate current status...and start to plan more formalized "sprints"
[20:07] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> That spreadsheet is still very rough, but expect to get a preview at tomorrow's DSpace 7 WG meeting (tomorrow at 15UTC): https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+7+Working+Group
[20:07] <kompewter> [ DSpace 7 Working Group - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+7+Working+Group
[20:08] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> We also did submit 3 DSpace 7 related proposals for OR2018
[20:08] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Two workshops and an update talk. You can find those here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LL3czkqklcZpSnDT7bvjmSu4FqzOa6uX7KIMO69PSBk/edit#
[20:08] <kompewter> [ OR2018 - DSpace 7 Proposals - Google Docs ] - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LL3czkqklcZpSnDT7bvjmSu4FqzOa6uX7KIMO69PSBk/edit#
[20:09] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> That's it for DSpace 7 topics / updates this week, but if there are any burning questions, please feel free to voice them now
[20:09] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Ok, not hereing any...moving on to DSpace 6.3
[20:10] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> Sounds good.
[20:10] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Not much to report on DSpace 6.3 status either. We've still been gathering notes / a "to-do" list at https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Release+6.3+Status
[20:10] <kompewter> [ DSpace Release 6.3 Status - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Release+6.3+Status
[20:11] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> The big gap with 6.3 though is we don't have a Release Team or Release Coordinator yet. So, if anyone is interested in helping to push 6.3 forward, please do get in touch. We also could simply use help addressing, reviewing, fixing bugs in that to-do list (see above)
[20:12] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> So, the timeline for 6.3 is unknown as of yet. I'll be pestering folks in the coming weeks to see who is interested in contributing (as at this point, I'm mostly busy with helping along 7.0)
[20:12] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I will make my weekly request for someone to review my PR's: https://github.com/terrywbrady/restReportTutorial/blob/master/README.md
[20:12] <kompewter> [ restReportTutorial/README.md at master · terrywbrady/restReportTutorial · GitHub ] - https://github.com/terrywbrady/restReportTutorial/blob/master/README.md
[20:12] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I plan to focus my efforts on the DSpace 7 REST api.
[20:13] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Yes, thanks @terrywbrady. Sorry it's been so long coming on reviewing those PRs. We've had slow momentum in December and January (at least so far)
[20:14] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> That's it for 6.3 updates today
[20:14] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> As for the last few topics here, I don't know that they require detailed discussion, but are mostly just friendly reminders...
[20:15] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> First, when I've found time (which is very much off & on), I have been trying to move our Code Style rules forward (to apply to `master`): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1895
[20:15] <kompewter> [ [FOR DISCUSSION] Proposed new Code Style rules for DSpace "master" branch by tdonohue · Pull Request #1895 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1895
[20:16] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> I've specifically been trying to implement these rules on the new REST API...and that work is mostly complete (should have a PR soon). Other DSpace modules are still TODO
[20:17] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> So, that's just a quick status report really. It's on my plate still, but slow going. If anyone else is interested in chipping in, we might move a bit quicker.
[20:17] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> Since there is one really large PR (150 files) open for the REST API, I imagine we will need to decide which one will be merged first.
[20:18] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> I have also been gathering notes on how to do "bulk changes" for code style via IntelliJ IDEA at https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=90967266#CodeStyleGuide(WIP)-Fixingthecodebase
[20:18] <kompewter> [ Code Style Guide (WIP) - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=90967266#CodeStyleGuide(WIP)-Fixingthecodebase
[20:18] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> @terrywbrady: yes, we'll need to find the best way to slot this into the REST API work. I know it's supported though, and @bollini has mentioned in the past that he'd personally like to see the code style changes in sooner rather than later.
[20:20] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Lastly, in this agenda...I've listed a few smallish PRs that it might be nice to move forward (if even just on `master`). They literally might take a quick review from someone with a few extra minutes....all are dependency cleanup work.
[20:20] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Those PRs are:
[20:20] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1908
[20:20] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1909
[20:20] <kompewter> [ [DS-3795] increased version for commons-fileupload by hardyoyo · Pull Request #1908 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1908
[20:20] <kompewter> [ [DS-3795] bumped google-http-client-jackson2 to 1.23.0 by hardyoyo · Pull Request #1909 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1909
[20:20] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1913
[20:21] <kompewter> [ [DS-3556] Rollback of Xalan from 2.7.2 to 2.7.0 to fix DS-3556 and DS… by pbroman · Pull Request #1913 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1913
[20:21] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1907
[20:21] <kompewter> [ [DS-3455] refactored out all mention of Elastic Search, code and configs, by hardyoyo · Pull Request #1907 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1907
[20:21] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Those 4 PRs all seem pretty obvious to me. Most of it is work by @hpottinger to clean up our dependencies a bit (based on a security report he ran)
[20:22] <DSpaceSlackBot> <bollini> (I'm not following the meeting close sorry). Yes, it is not an issue for us to rebuild our REST PRs against the code style
[20:23] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> So, that's really it for my agenda topics. I know we are still a small group, so we may wish to close up early. But, before we do, are there any other topics anyone here would like to discuss? Or questions you may have?
[20:23] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> Signing off here. I need to head out for another meeting. Talk to you tomorrow.
[20:24] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Ok, not hearing anything. I'll close out the meeting early then. If anyone does have questions/comments, feel free to bring them to dev (or any other appropriate channel). I'll be around for the next few hours at least.
[20:24] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Thanks all! That's it for today's meeting
[22:49] * tdonohue (~tdonohue@dspace/tdonohue) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)

These logs were automatically created by DuraLogBot on irc.freenode.net using the Java IRC LogBot.