#duraspace IRC Log


IRC Log for 2018-02-07

Timestamps are in GMT/BST.

[4:21] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[4:21] * DSpaceSlackBot1 (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[4:27] * DSpaceSlackBot1 (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[4:27] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[4:47] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[4:47] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[4:53] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[4:53] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[4:59] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[4:59] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[5:03] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[5:03] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[5:06] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[5:06] * DSpaceSlackBot2 (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[5:09] * DSpaceSlackBot2 (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[5:09] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[5:17] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[5:17] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[5:19] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[5:19] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[5:30] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[5:40] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[5:42] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[5:42] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[5:46] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[5:46] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[6:15] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[6:16] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[6:16] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[6:16] * DSpaceSlackBot (~DSpaceSla@ec2-50-17-201-82.compute-1.amazonaws.com) has joined #duraspace
[6:49] -adams.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[6:49] -adams.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
[6:49] -adams.freenode.net- *** Found your hostname
[6:49] -adams.freenode.net- *** No Ident response
[6:49] * DuraLogBot (~PircBot@webster.duraspace.org) has joined #duraspace
[6:49] * Topic is 'Welcome to DuraSpace IRC. This channel is used for formal meetings and is logged - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/'
[6:49] * Set by tdonohue on Thu Sep 15 17:49:38 UTC 2016
[12:41] * tdonohue (~tdonohue@dspace/tdonohue) has joined #duraspace
[13:31] * mhwood (~mhwood@mhw.ulib.iupui.edu) has joined #duraspace
[14:47] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Reminder that our DSpace DevMtg is at the top of the hour (~13 mins) here. Our rough agenda is at: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2018-02-07
[14:47] <kompewter> [ DevMtg 2018-02-07 - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2018-02-07
[14:55] * misilot_ (~misilot@p-body.lib.fit.edu) Quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[15:00] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> <here>: It's DevMtg time. Agenda is linked above :point_up:
[15:00] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Let's do a quick roll call to see who is joining us today on Slack or IRC
[15:00] <DSpaceSlackBot> <sulfrian> Hi
[15:00] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> Hi
[15:01] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> here
[15:02] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Well, that's a least four of us! Hi, @sulfrian, @mwood and @terrywbrady. I'm going to assume others will join shortly (or are lurking), as I see a lot of folks appear "active" in the Slack channel
[15:02] <DSpaceSlackBot> <jcreel256> lurking
[15:03] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> The agenda is a bit light today...so, we should have time to discuss other topics after agenda. But, let's go ahead and dive in
[15:03] * misilot (~misilot@p-body.lib.fit.edu) has joined #duraspace
[15:03] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> On the DSpace 7 side of things, I don't have any significant updates to share. Next mtg is tomorrow (every Thurs at 15UTC). I will note though that the current status of efforts is "up to date" in this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18brPF7cZy_UKyj97Ta44UJg5Z8OwJGi7PLoPJVz-g3g/edit#gid=0
[15:04] <kompewter> [ DSpace 7 Development Planning - Google Sheets ] - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18brPF7cZy_UKyj97Ta44UJg5Z8OwJGi7PLoPJVz-g3g/edit#gid=0
[15:04] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> So, if you want to see what is done, what is left to do, or what we could use help on, please take a look at the "Overview" tab of that spreadsheet (which lists all the higher-level features of DSpace that need to be re-built in DSpace 7)
[15:05] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> And, obviously, consider joining a future meeting, or ping me on Slack if you'd like to figure out the best way to get involved / up-to-speed, etc
[15:05] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> That's it on DSpace 7 updates. Any comments or questions though (regarding DSpace 7), before we move on?
[15:05] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> none from me
[15:06] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> ok, not hearing any...moving along then
[15:06] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Next up, updates on DSpace 6.x maintanence (and 6.3 bug-fix release specifically).
[15:07] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> As noted in the agenda, while I'm sure a 6.3 will be released "at some point this year", currently there's not a lot of effort going towards it. We do have a list of tickets to analyze for 6.3 here though: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Release+6.3+Status
[15:07] <kompewter> [ DSpace Release 6.3 Status - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Release+6.3+Status
[15:08] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> If you would like to see a 6.3 happen sooner rather than later, then consider looking at that list of tickets / PRs, and helping either code review or test them out. Report back to us on GitHub or JIRA on what you find. That'll help us check off more boxes and get the release kickstarted more quickly
[15:09] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> 6.3 is also looking for more coordination in general. I've got it on this agenda as a "standing topic", but my time is mostly tied up with DSpace 7, other efforts and meetings. So, if any Committer or active developer is interested in helping organize this release more, please get in touch with me
[15:09] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> The PR's described in this tutorial would be a great place to get started https://github.com/terrywbrady/restReportTutorial
[15:09] <kompewter> [ GitHub - terrywbrady/restReportTutorial: Tutorial for the DSpace REST Report Tools ] - https://github.com/terrywbrady/restReportTutorial
[15:10] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> That's all my updates on 6.x. Any questions or comments on DSpace 6.x or 6.3 specifically?
[15:10] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> ok, not hearing any either.
[15:11] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Moving along then...
[15:11] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> @terrywbrady put out a call last week for Developer Show & Tell meetings: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Developer+Show+and+Tell+Meetings
[15:11] <kompewter> [ DSpace Developer Show and Tell Meetings - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Developer+Show+and+Tell+Meetings
[15:11] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Looks like the response has been pretty good :tada: !
[15:11] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> 11 people have expressed interest in attending, so I think that is great!
[15:11] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I am going to reach out to 2 folks to see i fthey would be the initial presenters.
[15:12] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I will then follow up with the interested attendees with a Doodle poll.
[15:12] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I will post to the dev channel as well.
[15:12] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> The interest appears to be in North America and Germany, so I will propose times accordingly.
[15:12] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Sounds wonderful, @terrywbrady. Thank you for coordinating this... it sounds like it definitely is of interest!
[15:13] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> Does anyone consider themself to be a pro at InteilliJ?
[15:13] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> And obviously, the DSpace Zoom room is available for these show & tell meetings: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Meeting+Room
[15:13] <kompewter> [ DSpace Meeting Room - DSpace - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Meeting+Room
[15:14] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I would like to have an IDE component as well as a deployment component.
[15:14] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> I'm still learning IntelliJ myself...so, not I. I wonder though if @tom_desair is / would be willing to show off IntelliJ?
[15:14] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I will hope to have a proposed date by our next meeting.
[15:14] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> (sorry to put you on the spot, @tom_desair. But, I think I recall you using IntelliJ mostly)
[15:15] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Others are more than welcome to volunteer their IntelliJ knowledge though
[15:15] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> (or other IDE knowledge)
[15:15] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I will check in with him in a direct message as well. If others are comfortable in the tool, it would help others get a jump start.
[15:17] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Sounds good though. Does anyone else here have comments, questions, suggestions for these upcoming Show and Tell meetings?
[15:18] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Ok, not hearing any. Thanks again @terrywbrady for your coordination (and idea) here
[15:19] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> I know I'm looking forward to these show & tell meeting & see what folks want to share, and just to get to talk/see everyone in general
[15:19] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> My plan would be to record the meetings. I will make that clear in the invites.
[15:20] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Ok, so the remainder of our agenda (topic #4) is just a list of tickets/PRs that look (to me) to need more eyes / attention... the first is a major issue for Oracle sites (DS-3649)
[15:20] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-3649 ] - [DS-3649] no longer can select eperson after upgrade to 5.6 - DuraSpace JIRA
[15:20] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> We seem to have some workarounds, but more testers/helpers would be appreciated
[15:21] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> The other two are PRs that look very close to "ready"... seem pretty obvious to me, but need more eyes
[15:21] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1925
[15:21] <kompewter> [ [DS-3434] DSpace fails to start when a database connection pool is supplied through JNDI by mwoodiupui · Pull Request #1925 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1925
[15:21] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1913
[15:21] <kompewter> [ [DS-3556] Rollback of Xalan from 2.7.2 to 2.7.0 to fix DS-3556 and DS… by pbroman · Pull Request #1913 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1913
[15:22] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> I mostly want to get these in front of folks to see if we can get these merged/fixed quickly. So, it's more of a request for folks to chip in, if one of these is of interest
[15:22] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> 1925 just needs a second approval....
[15:23] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> 1925 has my approval & a test from @alanorth. So, honestly, if someone just does a second code review, I think it's good to go.
[15:24] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> (obviously though, once approved, 1925 should also be ported/cherry-picked to `master` too)
[15:24] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> IIRC there is a second PR for that.
[15:24] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I approved 1925
[15:24] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> Thanks!
[15:24] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Thanks @terrywbrady! @mwood: you are free to merge
[15:25] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> 1933 is the one for master
[15:26] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> 1925 is merged.
[15:26] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> We have 35 minutes left in this meeting... I've exhausted all my (light) agenda. Does anyone else <here> have topics / tickets / PRs / brainstorms / ideas they'd like to discuss or get more eyes on?
[15:28] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> Assuming our testing goes well, we plan to release our first collection that integrates DSpace and IIIF in March.
[15:28] <DSpaceSlackBot> <sulfrian> Is anybody using oai harvesting with a custom xslt stylesheet and could review this PR: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1941
[15:28] <kompewter> [ [DS-3822] Don't guess XML structure during ingest by AlexanderS · Pull Request #1941 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1941
[15:29] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> @terrywbrady: awesome! I'd love to hear more about that...and see if we can help bring that effort back into the main codebase in some way. Might be something to share in a future "show and tell" style meeting -- e.g. "Cool stuff you've built locally and want to show off"
[15:30] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> @sulfrian: I did notice that PR (thanks!)...I unfortunately don't have experience with customizing the XSLT locally...but it seems like a reasonable "fix" to me. Would like to hear from others though, if possible
[15:31] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> We will definitely share a demo after the release. I will be happy to share our code approach as well. We have modified Mirage2 to dispaly the Universal Viewer when specific metadata is present.
[15:32] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> @sulfrian, could you share more information about the input data that you are providing and how this stylesheet gets invoked? I have harvested between my test dspace instances, but I am unaware of the crosswalk behaviors that take place during harvesting.
[15:33] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> @sulfrian: GitHub blame shows that @mwood was involved (a long time ago) with that `cloneContent()` line fixed in PR 1941: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blame/master/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/content/crosswalk/XSLTIngestionCrosswalk.java#L182
[15:33] <kompewter> [ DSpace/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/content/crosswalk/XSLTIngestionCrosswalk.java at master · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blame/master/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/content/crosswalk/XSLTIngestionCrosswalk.java#L182
[15:33] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Actually not that long ago...it seems to have been changed 2 years ago, and first released in 6.0 via this PR: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1218
[15:33] <kompewter> [ [DS-2949] XSLT crosswalks should be parameterizable by mwoodiupui · Pull Request #1218 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1218
[15:34] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> I see. Probably I just slightly misunderstood JDOM, which I don't typically use.
[15:35] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Yes, I wondered if it was a mistake...where a `clone()` is actually more appropriate than a `cloneContent()`
[15:35] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> I'll review. Who else?
[15:35] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> @mwood: I think if you could review (in light of the past changes in 1218, that'd be good). I can give a simple code review (looks fine TBH). It looks like @pbecker was involved in 1218 too
[15:36] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> I'll link up the new PR with this old one (1218)
[15:38] <DSpaceSlackBot> <sulfrian> @terrywbrady I am simply using the harvesting feature for a collection and trying to harvest a remote oai collection using the nlm metadata format.
[15:38] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> I linked them up and pinged @pbecker on the new PR. As long as the new PR doesn't "break" 1218, this looks like a obvious fix to me
[15:38] <DSpaceSlackBot> <sulfrian> Here is a small example collection: https://www.berlineastasiareview.de/index.php/bear/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=nlm&set=bear
[15:40] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> Thanks for the example. I have really only harvested between DSpace instances to test out the harvester. I had not considered other input formats.
[15:41] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> Thanks for pinging us on this @sulfrian. It sounds like (hopefully) we'll get more eyes/approvals on this PR very soon. But, please feel free to remind us (in meetings or in Slack) if you don't hear back soon.
[15:41] <DSpaceSlackBot> <sulfrian> Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:
[15:42] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> We have about 18mins left (by my clock). Are there other topics/tickets/brainstorms that folks want to discuss? Or anyone have any burning questions in general?
[15:43] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> @tdonohue, I had a notification that you changed https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Upgrading+DSpace
[15:43] <kompewter> [ Upgrading DSpace - DSpace 6.x Documentation - DuraSpace Wiki ] - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Upgrading+DSpace
[15:43] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> Are there any opinions on removing ContiPerf, which we seemingly don't really use? DS-3720.
[15:43] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-3720 ] - [DS-3720] Replace the contiperf library in performance testing - DuraSpace JIRA
[15:44] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> For that recommendation around running the update sequences script, is there any way to force that to happen in the migration command or is that too risky to implement?
[15:44] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> @terrywbrady: yes, I updated the text around running `update-sequences.sql` (step #11 in upgrade instructions) per a misunderstanding on dspace-tech
[15:44] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> @terrywbrady: The issue is that you need to run the *old* update-sequences.sql, and not the *new one*. The migration itself only sees the *new one*, which may or may not be compatible with the old database
[15:46] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> So, I'm not sure of an easy way to automate around that... these days though, I think this step is usually optional (more rare to see such sequence issues). For example, I never run `update-sequences.sql` before upgrades and never have issues
[15:46] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I have never run it either so I do not know when it is required
[15:46] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> It's an "if you think you need it" script.
[15:47] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> @terrywbrady: it's only required if somehow the database sequences (which are used to assign new handles, etc) get unsynced. It RARELY happens, and it's a "if this ever happens, just fix it by running this script"
[15:48] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> OK. The text made me a little nervous when I read it.
[15:48] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> So, if a database upgrade fails...and it seems sequence related...you can go back and run the script and try the database upgrade again. But, likely 95-99% of the time, if you haven't been mucking around in your DB, you likely don't need this script at all
[15:49] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> @terrywbrady: softening the text is always fine by me ;) If there are ideas, let me know...or just make the updates
[15:50] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> It's possible the text could be updated to note this is optional / rare, if that'd help. I just know it has happened with folks before (which is why it is noted in the upgrade instructions), but I still believe it to be rare
[15:51] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I am fine with the text for now and I appreciate the explaination.
[15:51] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> (scrolling back up)... I noticed @mwood also noted DS-3720 (removing contifperf).
[15:51] <kompewter> [ https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-3720 ] - [DS-3720] Replace the contiperf library in performance testing - DuraSpace JIRA
[15:52] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> Is anyone actually giving attention to those two ITs w.r.t. performance? If not, we should take out the performance stuff until we want it. We're not testing enough to make a difference, IMHO.
[15:53] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I support removing it based on the details of the ticket.
[15:55] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> I support it as well. While performance tests are generally "good". I don't see any good reason to "bend over backwards" to keep these two performance tests
[15:56] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> I think that, when we get around to wanting overall automated performance testing, we should look over the available frameworks and start fresh.
[15:56] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> +100
[15:57] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> It was nice to have the example, but we never followed up.
[15:57] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> And ideally, this sort of perfomance testing may be better to move to the (new) REST API layer (once complete), as that's the place that would require high performance
[15:58] <DSpaceSlackBot> <mwood> Good point.
[15:59] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> So, 3720 sounds great to me. I was hoping to get @bollini and/or @tom_desair to chime in (as they created the ticket). But, I'm assuming they just haven't had the chance yet
[16:00] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> I wonder if we could maintain a common large test instance of DSpace 7 in the cloud that could be used for performance testing. (I imagine we would only want to spin it up when needed).
[16:01] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> In the meantime, I've approved the PR: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1944
[16:01] <kompewter> [ [DS-3720] Remove all traces of ContiPerf. by mwoodiupui · Pull Request #1944 · DSpace/DSpace · GitHub ] - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1944
[16:02] <DSpaceSlackBot> <terrywbrady> @tdonohue, I like the clarity you added on the Upgrading DSpace page.
[16:02] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> @terrywbrady: Possibly. May depend on how "large" we are talking. The other option is to spin up a larger copy of demo.dspace.org (which eventually will have DSpace 7 on it) + a large amount of data...prior to major releases. At some point, we'll want to do this sort of performance testing with DSpace 7 anyhow
[16:03] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> In any case, it sounds like the discussion here is wrapping up...and we are a few minutes "over time"
[16:04] <DSpaceSlackBot> <tdonohue> So, we'll go ahead and close up the meeting for this week. Thanks for attending. And as a reminder, if there are topics you want discussed in these meetings, please feel free to add to the agenda and/or simply bring them with you. We often have extra time these days
[22:01] * mhwood (~mhwood@mhw.ulib.iupui.edu) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[22:44] * tdonohue (~tdonohue@dspace/tdonohue) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)

These logs were automatically created by DuraLogBot on irc.freenode.net using the Java IRC LogBot.